Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

saw this in the 993 forum...

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-see-this.html
Old 02-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Sultan
yea thats old news... what i find funny in the video is those Bitches are putting those posters on Regular 996's... I mean anyone who knows about cars in general knows GT-R Vs 997 Turbo not 996 N/A... Just shows the level of intelligence these Japaness Automakers have...
Old 02-22-2011, 06:34 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Sultan
It's certainly believable that the car wasn't factory spec...especially in the wake of Chris Harris' column about the lengths Ferrari goes to in order to setup press cars for maximum performance.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 340 Likes on 245 Posts

23% of WHAT? 10 or 10 000 test drives?
Old 02-22-2011, 09:39 PM
LShemtob
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Screw Nissan. That car is a super car alright, super ugly.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:48 PM
Fastboy
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I started dreaming of owning a 911 turbo when I was 16 years old --I saw my first turbo parked on Spadina Avenue Toronto on the way to the CNE with some friends in the late '70's, and I said then and there that one day I would own one. I've had posters, models, coutless books, even hotwheels cars of the 91 turbo--all different generations. Then I finally bought the darned thing in 2009. I know there are many, many of us on this forum who have similar stories.
I truly doubt that any kid that puts a poster of a Nissan GTR up on his/her wall will cling to the idea of finally owning one for the next 30 + years before he/she finally gets one. I doubt that Nissan will even stick with the model for 10 more years before moving on to their next disposable car. And finally, I am willing to bet that a 2011 Nissan GTR will be worth scrap iron in 30 years, while a 2011 911 turbo will have solid resale appeal, and will still be running like a top.
But of course, I'm biased.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Imo000
23% of WHAT? 10 or 10 000 test drives?
Exactly. And they didn't say that this 23% increase came from Porsche owners - just that they had a 23% increase. Golf owners? No mention that there may have been another incentive program going on in tandem with this ad blitz and that the majority of the increase could have been over this time last year when there may have been a shortage of cars available for test. The BS level is high on this meter!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:47 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O434...layer_embedded
Old 02-23-2011, 12:12 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

she is being Modest
Old 02-23-2011, 01:13 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fastboy
I started dreaming of owning a 911 turbo when I was 16 years old --I saw my first turbo parked on Spadina Avenue Toronto on the way to the CNE with some friends in the late '70's, and I said then and there that one day I would own one. I've had posters, models, coutless books, even hotwheels cars of the 91 turbo--all different generations. Then I finally bought the darned thing in 2009. I know there are many, many of us on this forum who have similar stories.
I truly doubt that any kid that puts a poster of a Nissan GTR up on his/her wall will cling to the idea of finally owning one for the next 30 + years before he/she finally gets one. I doubt that Nissan will even stick with the model for 10 more years before moving on to their next disposable car. And finally, I am willing to bet that a 2011 Nissan GTR will be worth scrap iron in 30 years, while a 2011 911 turbo will have solid resale appeal, and will still be running like a top.
But of course, I'm biased.
That said...the GT-R does have a long history (just not in North America).

I think you are correct, however, in stating that they might not stay with it. I'm not sure any big company really can. Chevrolet would be the exception that proves the rule with the Corvette.

It takes a lot of vision and discipline to be consistent and very few companies (automotive or otherwise) really get the hang of it. All the best brands are built on decades of consistency in execution and marketing.

Is the GT-R a great car? Absolutely. No question. We're all better as car enthusiasts for it being on the market. I think it was a bit of a wake-up for the established players if only for the initial media frenzy.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:08 PM
jasonintoronto
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NinetyOneC2
I think you are correct, however, in stating that they might not stay with it. I'm not sure any big company really can. Chevrolet would be the exception that proves the rule with the Corvette.

It takes a lot of vision and discipline to be consistent and very few companies (automotive or otherwise) really get the hang of it. All the best brands are built on decades of consistency in execution and marketing.
big companies like....volkswagen?

i like porsches, i like GTR's. it's not mutually exclusive. and i love a shrewd advertising campaign and this one got all of us porschefiles talking about it....it worked.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Zookie
id like to Scratch the Paint Finish on the Nissan Sentra, i mean GT-R if i caught someone touching my car...
No, you've got it all wrong - it's a Cobalt rear end!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:38 AM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jasonintoronto
big companies like....volkswagen?

i like porsches, i like GTR's. it's not mutually exclusive. and i love a shrewd advertising campaign and this one got all of us porschefiles talking about it....it worked.
I agree. We'll see what happens to Porsche under VW. They've done a pretty good job at leaving Lamborghini alone but I think that's in part due to it being a very small Italian toy for them. For Porsche I'm sure they have much bigger plans like Cajuns...
Old 02-24-2011, 11:09 AM
swbatte
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a neat marketing idea.

I don't see the GTR stealing many Porsche sales though. It might be impressive, but it's not a Porsche, or a Corvette, or a Ferrari. Those brands have a pedigree that the GTR doesn't.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:38 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

When I think of "Skyline" I think of rice-rocket... Skyline's and Supra's are the cars that boys with "suped up" civics dream of one day "suping up".

When I think of Porsche... well, I don't need to explain I'm preaching to the choir here!

Quick Reply: Nissan Tries Another Low Blow On Porsche