Notices

Which car is bigger ... C6 Corvette or 997 Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 05:59 PM
DHC6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, first off, I am a car lover to the nth degree, I lovem all (more so the Pcars...LOL) and I feel there is a place for every car out there. What has been and always should be the party piece for the Vette is performance value! Monster V8 power, good looks, and the rest kinda mediocre, but it has always had the price to reflect this. If what you are looking for is a raw V8 experience and don't care about anything else then look no further then the Vette. I love our Pcars, but the sound of that V8 is epic! This is how they should be respected and criticized. That's what they are about, and I love them for it. If your buying a Vette for it's interior fit and finish, or it's precision handling, then you buying it for the wrong reasons. Really to compare each one is a bit unfair (even though they are pretty much direct competition), they are really very different cars with very different philosophies, for me they both push all the right buttons. However I think this comparison was a bit unfair, the ZR1 is the "top" of the line Vette, it should have been compared with the "top" of the 911, the GT2. The Z06 is good competition for the normal TT, and then the plain Jane C6 for the plain Jane Carerra. All this being said, you can't argue the Vetts Bang for the Buck! It's just a different mind set and priorities, The Vette just doesn't have what the Pcars have, precision, interior quality, fit and finish, a Pcar is a scalpel, a fine tuned instrument to carry you very fast. A Vette is a freekin sledge hammer trying to hammer a in finishing nail, and if you don't like it, tough!

Anyway just thought I would give my 2 cents, I just love all cars really, I'll stop blabbering now.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:34 PM
racer
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Corvette Website puts the coupes weight between 3175 (Z06) and 3240 (base coupe)

Porsche websits puts: 997 (base 3.6) at 3,075lb ; 997 GT3 at 3,075 ; and Turbo Coupe at 3,461lb (gulp!)

Vettes are not the much maligned overweight pigs. Yes, build quality doesn't match the Germans, but at least GM will let you go "build" your actual motor for a fee. I don't see Porsche allowing that one

Quick Reply: Which car is bigger ... C6 Corvette or 997 Porsche?