Notices

Pfaff McLaren News

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 02:25 PM
rideau
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Pfaff McLaren News

McLaren officially named Pfaff Automotive Partners as the sole McLaren dealer in Canada - McLaren Toronto. McLaren recently announced its expansion into the luxury sports car market with retailers opening in the UK, North America and other parts of the world. The company known for its F1 racecar program plans to leverage its superior performance and design to build the ultimate sports car.

Pfaff is currently working on plans to renovate the current Pfaff Tuning location, at 33 Auto Park Circle in Woodbridge, using McLaren's dealer design elements. Pfaff Tuning will share the space with McLaren when the McLaren Toronto dealership officially opens in fall 2011.

"For more than 45 years, Pfaff has been bringing Canadians and great cars together. Canadian drivers have long been captivated by the McLaren brand and its status as a world leader in building performance vehicles. We are honoured to bring McLaren to the Canadian market," said Christopher Pfaff, President of Pfaff Automotive Partners. "This is an exciting time for Pfaff and I wanted to take this opportunity to personally thank you for your loyalty over the years."

McLaren has an impressive range of high performance sports cars to debut in the near future that will challenge the world's best sports cars. First off the production line is the MP4-12C. The 12C is set to re-write the rules of sports car design through Formula 1-inspired engineering, a revolutionary carbon fiber MonoCell chassis, and an absolute focus on efficiency and quality. Pricing of the 12C will be announced in February with the first model landing in Canada summer of 2011.

McLaren joins Porsche, Audi, Volkswagen, Toyota, Tuning, Leasing and Autoworks as a new brand under the Pfaff portfolio of brands. For more information about the Pfaff group, please visit www.pfaffauto.com.

For more information about McLaren Toronto, please visit www.mclarentoronto.com or call Chris Pfaff or Horst Bulau at 877-610-6111.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:37 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Group buy, anyone?
Old 02-08-2011, 04:39 PM
gekko
Instructor

Is this a current Press release?? I remember hearing this all back in Oct? Thks
Old 02-08-2011, 04:41 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 274 Likes on 183 Posts

I'm not interested unless Courtney works on 'em.........
Old 02-08-2011, 04:53 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

way out of my league, not even interested in it.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:18 PM
rideau
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Is this a current Press release??

Received twice in my inbox from Pfaff marketing today and pasted as received without edit. The earlier news was that Pfaff was selected as a dealer candidate, not as the dealer.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 390 Posts

I think they already had an event with the car there....Eshel may know more, and have pictures.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:33 PM
gekko
Instructor

Originally Posted by Turbodan
I think they already had an event with the car there....Eshel may know more, and have pictures.
Correct, the event was held in Sept 2010 (which I attended) All the info in the first post seemed common knowledge at that time, thus my query. Only the MRSP for the car was not firm at the time of the unveiling.

I think it's a great car, but not willing to buy in the first model year, let them work all the gremlins first.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:53 AM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Engineering seems first rate but is it just me or does it look like one of those "anonymous" cars from insurance ads? You know, the ones where they obscure some features and removes the badges in post-production...

The F1 had such a slick look. This, um, it's bland.

Quick Reply: Pfaff McLaren News