Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 04:51 PM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default a DODGEy question ?

Sorry a Dodge question

2006 caravan gots some issues.

1> The low level warning light for the washer fluid doesnt seem to come on, and no water coming out, motor pumping sound, but I can see any inidcation of fluid, neither front nor rear. I can obviously fill up, but I need to know why the light doesnt come on. The washer "indicator" does come on with the ignition, then goes off. I believe there is a sensor which connects under a cowl... any ideas?

2> The rear windscreen arm is now sittin a few cm's higher, so the blade now does not touch the glass... Everything seems tight, and I remember a few days ago lifting it up, to clear snow, so since then its gone **** up.

I/ve tried bending and pushing but dont wanna break anything

Gonna take some pics and post them

again apologese for the disgracefull Dodge post
Old 01-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

1. Possible WW fluid is water and is frozen. Add -45 C fluid.

2. The arm is frozen, park it in the sunlight to help thaw it out. Or pour warm water over it and gently press down on it so it touches the glass ...

Welcome to Canuckistan ... where parts freeze ...
Old 01-21-2011, 04:58 PM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

here you go....

Last edited by adrian_jaye; 04-25-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe check the fuse for the motor, the WW light will usually only go on if the level is low, not if its malfunctioning...

Rear wiper....as stated welcome to Canada...this happens. Wait until February, it's even colder.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:44 PM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by adrian_jaye
...The rear windscreen arm is now sittin a few cm's higher, so the blade now does not touch the glass... Everything seems tight, and I remember a few days ago lifting it up, to clear snow, so since then its gone **** up....
Adrian, the hinge on the wiper arm is likely coroded and/or has a heavy build up of salt in combination with a weak spring,...buy some WD40 lubricant at Canadian Tire, spray on liberally then clean up. It should be better after... .
Old 01-21-2011, 08:30 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,172 Likes on 840 Posts

look closely at the base of that arm .. looks like it may not be on the pivot all the way .. some wipers are designed to lift off at home position but i am not sure about that one . i am with mark and the arm is seized ... but who cares ... what's behind you is not important. just fill that WW tank and wait till it thawes .. probably a sensor but just fill it right up and see what happend ... i take this as you won't be wrenching on your Porsche ?
Old 01-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 340 Likes on 245 Posts

Therer is usually a clip at teh base of the wiper arm, used whe the arm need to be removed. If it's slightly moved, it will hol up the arm. Or it could be a siezed pivot joint.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 on the frozen Part.

You really need to fix that.

Hey Jaak, I where have you been?

I haven't seen you out at Yorkmills Tims lately?

Originally Posted by Jaak Lepson
1. Possible WW fluid is water and is frozen. Add -45 C fluid.

2. The arm is frozen, park it in the sunlight to help thaw it out. Or pour warm water over it and gently press down on it so it touches the glass ...

Welcome to Canuckistan ... where parts freeze ...
Old 01-22-2011, 01:10 PM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by adrian_jaye
2> The rear windscreen arm is now sittin a few cm's higher, so the blade now does not touch the glass... Everything seems tight, and I remember a few days ago lifting it up, to clear snow, so since then its gone **** up.
:
Standard Dodge wear item... parts need to be replaced... ask dealer parts counter guy for what to do, every Dodge is a little different. For some reason the Dodge parts guys I deal with are friendly, knowledgable, and helpfull... and the dealer parts are super cheap! (Except front Durango wheel bearings!)
Old 01-22-2011, 02:36 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 497 Likes on 356 Posts

It's a Dodge. You just can't expect too much. If you get in and it starts thats pretty much the limit of expectation. After that everything is bonus.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 411 Posts

here is your solution: 1.remove gas cap 2. replace van.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:44 PM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

hahahaha

Originally Posted by jim 7
It's a Dodge. You just can't expect too much. If you get in and it starts thats pretty much the limit of expectation. After that everything is bonus.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:51 PM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

ok fixes....

1> filled up water bottle wit rainX (3.7ish) litres, took it all, so its empty, meanig in October, they filled the WW with water and spit and not with -45

2> Also this means the low level snsor has come adrift, so will check it, as itss wifes van she also has ext.wartee on it, so it "HAS" to be serviced by dodge annd the sensor may be under war;tee unless of course I can fix it when it get warmer, or wait till bext service period.

3> Replaced blown rear indicator bulb

4> after filling with fluid the rear jet doesnt work, (pumps but no water) warm water, hairdryer , clent nozzle, and eventually a little dribble comes out, so I suspect the line has frozen somewhere

5> rear wiper, I WD40'd everything and it looks like the arm (after i lifted it to clear the snow, kind jammed up, so now the wiper sits on the glass, BUT there are sstill some dead spots wear it doesnt wipe, like at the top, have tried bending various bits to no avail, and it does sit (in the parked positon now ok) so I assume worn wiper blade? it does look ok

WELL as said, its a dodge, so at least some stuff is now working.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:23 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,172 Likes on 840 Posts

that year might have had a seperate tank for the rear at the back .. i have had so many of those things I just don't remember any more .. not getting the whole rear glass is common . don't sweat it ...
Old 01-22-2011, 09:12 PM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by jim 7
Experience varies I guess...My Durango has been rock solid for 100k with only wear items replaced, and I drive it hard and often.

Quick Reply: a DODGEy question ?