Notices

Alloy Wheel Repair any good?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 05:14 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 297 Likes on 198 Posts
Question Alloy Wheel Repair any good?

Has anyone had Howard fix rim rash/gash? Did they do a perfect job? He has 3 mobile units and claims he does all of the dealer work. Thanks Ronnie....
Old 11-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wheeltek.ca talk to Larisa or Steve.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

^^^ was dissapointed on my Last Visit, Rush Job... Gave them one wheel to fix for 8 days, called at the 8th day to check the status, was not done, i said i need it today... Called me back 2 hours later sating it was ready to my Suprise... Clear stared pealing few weeks later...

Going to Carcones in the Spring to have it Fixed...
Old 11-06-2010, 07:47 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Originally Posted by Zookie
^^^ was dissapointed on my Last Visit, Rush Job... Gave them one wheel to fix for 8 days, called at the 8th day to check the status, was not done, i said i need it today... Called me back 2 hours later sating it was ready to my Suprise... Clear stared pealing few weeks later...

Sure it's the same guys Zookie? These are mobile dudes. It's called "Alloy Wheel Repair". They come to your house and fix it in an hour or 2, whatever it takes.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ronnie993tt
Sure it's the same guys Zookie?
lol no i was talking about what Jake said... But let us know how these Mobile guys work out for you

PS: Ronnie here is Carcone's website http://carconeswheelrefinishing.com/index.htm they Pick Up and Deliver..

Last edited by Zookie; 11-06-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:34 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

I can't believe that the baby seat thread yielded 17 responses while there have been only 3 on the "Alloy Wheel Repair" mobile service run by Howard!!
Old 11-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Ilker@SCB
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want it done proper - don't do the mobile guys. Take the tire off and bring it to a proper wheel repair place. PM me or call me at he shop - I have a blank and remember the name of the company?
Old 11-07-2010, 10:16 PM
ggrace
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

PS: Ronnie here is Carcone's website [url]http://carconeswheelrefinishingthey Pick Up and Deliver..
I had Carcone's refinish four wheels for my S4 and was happy with the job.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

I can't believe that the baby seat thread yielded 17 responses while there have been only 3 on the "Alloy Wheel Repair" mobile service run by Howard!!

The info you are looking for has been talked about many times before. Do a search. That is why you are not getting too many response.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Hey Zook...how many times have you gotten you wheels done with Steve? One bad experience and you jump ship! They are busy for a reason, that is probably why your rush job took a while. Not sure if anyone in the city would be able to refinish and paint your wheel in less than 3 days. Paint needs time to dry too.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ggrace
I had Carcone's refinish four wheels for my S4 and was happy with the job.
Thanks looking forward to using them

Originally Posted by Jake Ok
Hey Zook...how many times have you gotten you wheels done with Steve? One bad experience and you jump ship! They are busy for a reason, that is probably why your rush job took a while. Not sure if anyone in the city would be able to refinish and paint your wheel in less than 3 days. Paint needs time to dry too.
3 Times... It only takes one bad Experiance... They had my One wheel for 8 days and it was September last year, i dont think thats Busy Season...

If i had a Returning Customer for the 3rd time after spending $900-$1000 each time with One Wheel to Fix (Just the 1" Lip)... Id get that done Right Away and not wate for the Customer to call and remind me its been 8 days, no matter how busy i was...
Old 11-08-2010, 12:48 AM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Originally Posted by Jake Ok
The info you are looking for has been talked about many times before. Do a search. That is why you are not getting too many response.
I did the search and found a couple of old, but positive reviews. Looking for updates. Mine is really a minor job and I don't need the whole wheel re-done. Just some smoothing and paint blown in. Search also shows most places get mixed reviews..........
Old 11-08-2010, 03:14 PM
1 PGH 1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wheel Tek refinished my clk wheels a few years ago and did a great job.
About a month ago my lovely bride stuffed the front driver's wheel into a major pot hole and bent the rim. Went back to Steve and he did a good job straightening it. No refinishing involved though.

He has just moved Wheel Tek. Now located in the bodyshop building at Pine View Auto Sales (GM dealer) on the north-west corner of Hwy 7 and Weston Rd.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:32 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,162 Likes on 833 Posts

Well maybe there are more people having babies than hitting curbs .. ?

j/k
Old 11-08-2010, 03:37 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,162 Likes on 833 Posts

Thanks looking forward to using them

3 Times... It only takes one bad Experiance... They had my One wheel for 8 days and it was September last year, i dont think thats Busy Season...

If i had a Returning Customer for the 3rd time after spending $900-$1000 each time with One Wheel to Fix (Just the 1" Lip)... Id get that done Right Away and not wate for the Customer to call and remind me its been 8 days, no matter how busy i was...
Gotta give it to Zook .. he is the customer and had a bad experience . The onus is on the company to make sure that type of stuff doesn't happen. If it does recognise it address it and make things right so things don't end like this. That's what follow up and surveys are for ... in the world of electronic media and communication you have to be on your game ..

Quick Reply: Alloy Wheel Repair any good?