Notices

for sale 964

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 05:19 PM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default for sale 964

For sale: 92 widebody, America Roadster (964 series)

I have now had 2nd collapsed sale on the car in a month (in both cases to Americans cause I would not take it across the border & `deplate` it in the U.S.) - am reposting it at reduced price $29,500 (you can search out prices for comparison).

Note: car is factory ordered from Can., originally registered in Canada, (does qualify for importation into U.S. as model is N.Amer spec)
the edition: America Roadster, ROW, WTL Cab (limited edition "werks turbolook cab with global production of approx 1100 of which 250 came to N.Amer.)
Carrera 2 drive train but from the factory with flares, suspension, oversize brakes & larger (17") wheels from the turbo edition.
this car has manual trans.

the Car
-certificate of authenticity held
-COLLECTOR STATUS from insurance company now approved - to qualify for same with my insurer (Insurance corp. of B.C.) car must be unmodified (or mods approved), excellent condition based on inspection, be more than 15yrs old, a limited edition - maximum global production 1500 and clear of accident status (which the insurance co investigates/verifies directly).
the car carries a pre-agreed value in the event of loss of $37,000 with no arbitration clause.

Reason for sale...my wife & i are returning to Tokyo next yr......while was planned to be our last car, the economics of returning to Japan are compelling.

History:
Car has 111,000km from new . 2owner car - I've owned for 18mos.
original owner (documentation held by way of original in service warranty registration), western Canadian businessman, now retired he traded the car in on new porsche turbo and the dealership wholesaled it out - purchased by a local broker....who deals in aircoolers, limited editions - good reputation....that's where i got it.
car has always been garaged/kept warm, never seen snow, virtually not seen rain...but has been driven regularly.
I do not have the original purchase agreement. original owner confirmed it was factory ordered, special leather interior including back seats. orig owner has advised purchase cost was C$135k, which included C$15k for special order interior (with back seats....most came with rear seat delete).

car has not seen snow/rarely seen wet, always garaged.

Service Record since 2008:

-3/09: oil service and replaced front hood struts $323
-9/09 vehicle ck, service $176
-3/10 mechanical ck/ck plugs/ck brakes, oil service and replaced distributor caps & rotors $875

- 4/09 broker replaced cab top (pacific auto trim ) $1995
- 4/09 broker had alloy wheels refinished $672

-1/09 orig. owner, replaced DME relay and servicing $410
-12/08 orig. owner full engine ck/mechanical ck (air filter, plugs, heat exchanger gasket $842
-5/08 orig. owner replaced cab top cables, pulleys, gears, transmission $2847
-5/08 orig. owner maintenance ck, oil service and new battery $560

Other
7/09 new tires (falken z rated, 17's stock sizes)
8/09 custom audio install (alpine headset with i-pod dock, 4x100 amp, boston/pioneer speakers)
9/09, Wong chip & Dansk cup pipe
9/09 front & rear bumpers resprayed (front for stone chips, rear for scratches

Interior/Exterior:

-side panels, doors, turbo flares excellent. there are no dings/door marks/scratches.
-bumpers excellent (both resprayed last yr for stone chips-front, scratches-rear)
-hood/rear deck excellent
overall excellent except for 2 small stone chips under front headlight which i inherited with car....could have had it fixed when front bumper was resprayed, but was cost prohibative.
the paint is in overall excellent condition
-interior carpet is good to excellent (no wear - some parts entry area need steam cleaning)
-door panels both carpet & leather - excellent
-wheels newly refinished 17" cups ( from the turbo model) excellent, no scuffs
-spoiler works perfectly (but I did do the modification to cancel automatic up at 80kmph, down at stop....so now fully manual switch operated - got tired of up down in city driving!)

-the seats are porsche sports . passenger seat is excellent, drivers seat is excellent but side bolster-entry side has approx 2" wear mark).
-shift boot/leather surround excellent
-has full leather dash (both upper/lower) excellent
-brake lever, has small scar, approx 1/4"
-rear seats/belts excellent
-the backing on some of the gauges is starting to crack....but not yet to a point where they need redoing
-top new last yr., excellent
-visors, excellent
-steering wheel, excellent
-other: car does not leak oil (parking spot will testify), starts up virtually 1st time all the time, and settles right down to 800rpm idle

car now has 111000 km on the clock (I purchased it with 103,000km. most of the mileage i have put on the car have been highway miles

thanks for looking........................

cheers, Gerry

Quick Reply: for sale 964