Notices

lapping day October 11th

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010 | 02:31 PM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

Default lapping day October 11th

As posted in the CASC forum.

ASE lapping club is having a 2 run group lapping session this holiday Monday at Mosport.
This group has a "no point-by passing rule" Here's a clip of his post from CASC-

-----"Looks like we have a good mix of race cars in the advanced group and solid experienced lappers in the intermidiate group. Passing will be allowed on all straights- to alleviate any congestion- but it will be strictly enforced- no mid corner passing."-------

As I understand, it is $300 for the day with at least 3.5 hours of track time.
BBQ provided.

I attended the spring 2010 race accreditation course held by this group at Calabogie and the event was run very well. They've done a couple events at Mosport this year and I've not heard anything bad about their event. I believe that this group runs every Monday night at the St. Eustache track in MTL....Any Montreal Rennlisters have anything to say?

I'll report back for those who can't make it.

here's the guy's info:

Carl Wener
carlwener@hotmail.com
1-450-662-8886
Old 10-09-2010 | 09:10 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

I did one of his events a couple years ago @ Mosport when he was with Traq Racing (?) and it was fine....love to come up but going back/forth over the bridge on any holiday is a nightmare.

Gary
Old 10-10-2010 | 01:20 AM
DHC6
Racer

Would have loved to make it Carl, you can tell me about it next week, I will see you at the shop.

Louis
Old 10-11-2010 | 10:55 PM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

Default summary

The ASE lapping club day at Mosport was not bad today. majority of the cars were track prepped ricers. Couple open wheelers and couple knuckle dragging nascars, but for the most part everyone was on their best behavior.
-2 run groups, 30 minute sessions.
-Lunch was a bbq
-sessions well run, no time lost between run groups.

Open passing everywhere but from 8 through 10. All passing was to be completed before the entry cones and it sounded like they were very strict with rules. I didn't see any infractions.

There was a fair number of cars (40+) but it wasn't jammed. Couple 3 wide runs on the straight
The no point passing was the draw for me as I like the rare concept and haven't done that too much before. (1st time at Mosport) Passing under braking ROCKS

I bailed at 3 so not sure if there was any serious incidents after I left.

I'd go again and bring my own lunch.

6thGEAR still owns the lapping experience, IMO

Quick Reply: lapping day October 11th