SprintBooster
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Sprint Booster Track Day at MOSPORT - OCT 5th

Old 09-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 390 Posts

how many cars and how many run groups? and how many flaggers?
Old 09-04-2010, 12:58 AM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

Is "test and tune" an open track format? No run groups?
Old 09-14-2010, 03:34 PM
SprintBooster
Former Vendor

I would inquire with Desmond Tay from Johnston Research and Performance. He will be able to address all your questions. I would sooner rather than later since spots are filling up. And the intention is to have a very small group of participants at the track for this event.

1 905 822 7223 ext 233
Old 09-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Literally sunup to sundown? If so, $250 is a phenomenal price, even if there are 2 run groups.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:10 PM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SprintBooster
I would inquire with Desmond Tay from Johnston Research and Performance. He will be able to address all your questions. I would sooner rather than later since spots are filling up. And the intention is to have a very small group of participants at the track for this event.

1 905 822 7223 ext 233
No answer and no Voicemail set up for this extension.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:14 PM
seanmcr6
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

god I wish I still lived in Ontario

best tracks in Canada....
Old 09-14-2010, 08:19 PM
SprintBooster
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by chopperzz
No answer and no Voicemail set up for this extension.
Chopperzz, I would attempt an email should phone efforts fail. Or you may call Randy Black on a direct line 416 540 2000. Also email may be faster since people have the option of paying directly via paypal.

Desmond@jrponline.com

I hope this helps
Old 09-15-2010, 11:52 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Not to offend our Platinum sponsor, but I just got back from Mosport and here are my impressions of Sprint Booster on the track:

As you might have heard, this device only shows hp gain on the butt dyno, no real performance benefit. It basically magnifies your throttle input, making your computer beleive that you are pushing the thottle pedal further than you actually are. On public roads its a must have "toy". Fun, fun , fun. My Boxster S jumps off the light, cickdown is only an inch in. I love it both city and hwy.

But on the track, in turn 2, I needed to feather the throttle and nearly went off the track. Throttle is way too sensitive for track use.
Yes, I tried both "red" and "green" settings. I didn't like either. Will not use Sprint Booster on the track again.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:25 PM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SprintBooster
Chopperzz, I would attempt an email should phone efforts fail. Or you may call Randy Black on a direct line 416 540 2000. Also email may be faster since people have the option of paying directly via paypal.

Desmond@jrponline.com

I hope this helps
can any of the format questions be answered on the forum publically, as I'm sure that there are other people who would like to know some basic questions.
-run groups?
-is so, how many?
-open format lapping?
-corner workers?
-how many?
-tow truck at track in the event of an incident?
-how many cars are you looking for?

It may prove better to list the answers as opposed to answering 20 emails from the people who may ask the details... Just a thought.
Thanks
Old 09-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 390 Posts

can any of the format questions be answered on the forum publically, as I'm sure that there are other people who would like to know some basic questions.
-run groups?
-is so, how many?
-open format lapping?
-corner workers?
-how many?
-tow truck at track in the event of an incident?
-how many cars are you looking for?

It may prove better to list the answers as opposed to answering 20 emails from the people who may ask the details... Just a thought.
Thanks
+1
thanks for telling us about this ...but it is of no use to us for you to post this event and then not answer our questions. btw is this being done at break even, loss, or for profit? please get us answers.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:18 PM
SprintBooster
Former Vendor

This is what we know so far, please see below highlighted in red text. We recommend calling to find out the most recent and accurate information directly from Johnston Research and Performance. They are directly in charge of organizing this event. 1 905 822 7223 ext 233, 225, or 250.

-run groups? Yes,
-is so, how many? likely based on class and on overall turn out.
-open format lapping? call for further clarification
-corner workers? YES
-how many?full, based on turn out
-tow truck at track in the event of an incident? Ambulance yes, Tow trucks will likely not be hard to find.
-how many cars are you looking for? Target 50

Thanks
Again, the event directly that is in the hands of Desmond Tay and Randy Black. please contact them at 905 822 7223 ext 225
Old 09-28-2010, 10:01 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
Not to offend our Platinum sponsor, but I just got back from Mosport and here are my impressions of Sprint Booster on the track:

As you might have heard, this device only shows hp gain on the butt dyno, no real performance benefit. It basically magnifies your throttle input, making your computer beleive that you are pushing the thottle pedal further than you actually are. On public roads its a must have "toy". Fun, fun , fun. My Boxster S jumps off the light, cickdown is only an inch in. I love it both city and hwy.

But on the track, in turn 2, I needed to feather the throttle and nearly went off the track. Throttle is way too sensitive for track use.
Yes, I tried both "red" and "green" settings. I didn't like either. Will not use Sprint Booster on the track again.
I had a different impression of it on my car at the track this week. My first session out, I kept it in the intermediate mode (green) until the tires and me (!) were up to temp. The rest of the day was all with it on red mode; much faster response time from the throttle which gains you a few km/h out of T5.
When we got some rain, I switched over to green mode again so that I could feather the throttle more easily.
For street driving, 80% of the time it's on green. I only use red on highways and off mode when it's stop and go bumper to bumper traffic, ie: trying to get up the Gardiner Expressway ramp at rushour.
I think Stan's Boxster S is a tip so that might be the big difference, the benefits are probably best with the greater driver control that the manual provides.
This mod adds absolutely no extra power or torque, but it significantly sharpens the throttle response on egas (2000+) cars.
There are still original units (always on) available I think and those are fine if you never track your car. Go for the newer 3 position unit if you want the extra control for the track.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster Track Day at MOSPORT - OCT 5th