Notices

Pics from Mosport Aug 26

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 10:59 PM
CWhaley
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry that you got stuck in traffic.... We watched it at home an would have traded with you for the track experience.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:24 PM
Ilker@SCB
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great shot man! Double win for Porsche - in GT and LMP
Old 08-29-2010, 11:31 PM
9 lives
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by CWhaley
Sorry that you got stuck in traffic.... We watched it at home an would have traded with you for the track experience.
I work every weekend...but this week I'm vacation. We just got home from Cozumel at 3 this morning but I was hell bent on going since I rarely get the opportunity to see racing of this calibre this close to home. It was a first for me, and I'll tell ya....IT WAS AWESOME !! So really, me bitchin about some traffic means nothin cause I was still high from a great day spent with some nice cars and some great fellow R-listers!
Old 08-29-2010, 11:34 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow what a great pic, Eshel. Thanks,

Great day at Mosport indeed. We stayed till the very end. Watched the podium from 10 feet away, chatted with the drivers. My nine y.o. got to sit in the #44 Flying Lizard car after that and was given a Porsche hat by Jorg himself. Awesome experience. I was gonna post some pics, but mine are so amature compared to Eshel's, so maybe later.

P.S. On the way back Zookie and I hit heavy traffic at 401/115. I bailed two exits later and took side roads to get to 407 and was in Thornhill in an hour. Poor Zookie, must have taken him forever to get home.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:34 PM
CWhaley
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Wife has friends in Toronto and she told me that we could make the trip next year... then visit her friends after for a few days (to avoid traffic back into NY). We will defenitly make the track next year.

Great too hear that you enjoyed the race....
Old 08-30-2010, 12:09 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes, lots of traffic but worth it.
A few mementos
Attached Images        
Old 08-30-2010, 12:32 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,148 Likes on 822 Posts

hey who is that masked man
Old 08-30-2010, 02:38 AM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you all had a great time... I wished I coulda made it
Old 08-30-2010, 02:58 AM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by SportsCarBoutique
Great shot man! Double win for Porsche - in GT and LMP
Couple more.

Last edited by TurboS; 10-09-2010 at 01:03 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:49 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 339 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by 9 lives
Lucky you...we waited till the end...then I did the damnest thing and chanced the 401....BAD BAD BAD decision !! 2hrs and 10 to Burlington....that just sucked.
I never take the 401 on a Sunday afternoon in the summer. Mosport to Cambridge, through the 407 in 1.5hrs.
Attached Images              
Old 08-30-2010, 08:44 AM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
hey who is that masked man
what man? oooh... the one between the 2 falken girls... didn't see him at first!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:00 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Falken girls would have been worth going out to see.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:19 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
P.S. On the way back Zookie and I hit heavy traffic at 401/115. I bailed two exits later and took side roads to get to 407 and was in Thornhill in an hour. Poor Zookie, must have taken him forever to get home.
lol it was okay untill Brock Road, then it opened up... i was home by 8:30 so it was not bad considering we left at 6:30ish... Take me 1.5 hours anyways with no Traffic...
Old 08-30-2010, 11:20 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Crazy weekend:

Sat

- Risi Ferrari decides to go a little too far over the speed curbs at bottom of 1 (driving tip: dirt on hot tires not recommended) and goes into a tank slapper as he decides not to get out of the power.

“Everything was under control,” Kaffer told SPEED.com. “It was an easy lap, but unfortunately, while on the exit of Turn 1, the floor hit the ground, which I really didn’t expect. It upset the car in the rear and lost it suddenly... I then went left into the wall and hit hit very hard."
LOL!! 'The floor hit the ground' because you were on the dirt! (shaking head at racers excuses)

Result is massive crash as he over corrects into cement wall drivers left and then slides all the way down to flag stand at cor 2 drivers right. 'Parts to go' all over the track. Driver fine, car toast and a DNS. Spent 20 minutes picking up the pieces - one of which was a bar of tugsten that must have weighed 40lbs that was jammed into the dirt near edge of track. That would have made my day had it been airborne as I was down track from impact blue flagging...

- World Challenge Proto decides to forget there is a blend out line from pit out. Goes four wheels over as soon as cement wall ends... Smashes into side of P1 #8 who was passing a vette (#4) at the time. He bounces off the Lola and into the drivers right wall. All this dispite the fact I'm waving a blue for the two cars who were passing each other. Stupid rich team owner ******... More debris pick up.

- Red flag on Sat's first Castral touring car race. Mini gets pinballed and hit on both doors and cars in tire walls at cor 1. End of race saw a roll over just over the top 2 behind me. Everyone fine.

Sunday morning had a talk with ALMS steward and told him about the bad driving issues concerning the world challenge cup 911's and some of the proto challenge cars. I told him I couldn't count the near misses between Fri and Sat. You give them a waved blue and these guys decide to move postions instead of staying put and allowing the P1 cars to find away past THEM. Not good I told him. He's says it's been a problem all season and every drivers meeting they are told NOT TO MOVE let the P1 cars get around them even if the P1 has to move off line.

Sunday afternoon - 29 minutes to go - just past station 5C and before station 6 on the back straight: 60 feet of guardrail down and 20 posts snapped. Red flag for 45 mins until they give up over TV issues and end the race. Rich guy in WC proto drifts to center track just as a Lola (number 8 again!!) comes up behind him - while they are both passing a cup 911 challenge car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1MCjAARTLc

Guess we get new cement walls on the back straight now... :0

Great weekend all in all. Waved at some Rennlist members from station 4 during the P car and vette parade. Left the P car behind after getting it detailed the week before and brought the yoda. Yoda covered in dirt 3 car wash's might be able to clean off if I'm lucky.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
Sunday afternoon - 29 minutes to go - just past station 5C and before station 6 on the back straight: 60 feet of guardrail down and 20 posts snapped. Red flag for 45 mins until they give up over TV issues and end the race. Rich guy in WC proto drifts to center track just as a Lola (number 8 again!!) comes up behind him - while they are both passing a cup 911 challenge car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1MCjAARTLc

Guess we get new cement walls on the back straight now... :0

Great weekend all in all. Waved at some Rennlist members from station 4 during the P car and vette parade. Left the P car behind after getting it detailed the week before and brought the yoda. Yoda covered in dirt 3 car wash's might be able to clean off if I'm lucky.
I was right there at Station 6 and saw the Accident, it was Unreal... my GF got it on Video...

Did you see my chauffeur driving my car in the Parade Lap

Quick Reply: Pics from Mosport Aug 26