Notices

Anyone interested in a red 74 targa?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 06:22 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Anyone interested in a red 74 targa?

Not my car, I have a customer looking to trade it in and it's not really something I could sell, but would be happy to facilitate his sale. I drove it around our parking lot, drives, shifts fine, (maybe shifts better than mine!), quick look in the trunk and around didn't turn up any rust, but it was a 5-minute inspection. Interior is worn, covers on the seats, 5-6" small split in passenger seat, wider and much more significant split in driver's seat. Natural leather. Dash cover. a/c but compressor removed, in his garage. Interior is 5/10, could be a 6-7 with a really good cleaning. (stress on the "really")
Old 07-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 340 Likes on 245 Posts

quanta costa???? $$$$
Old 07-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 411 Posts

combien?
Old 07-24-2010, 02:12 AM
Christien
Race Car

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Not sure. I offered him 6 on the trade, he said he'd think about it. I felt bad with such a low figure, and prefaced it saying we've got to make sure we can safety it and still be able to sell it at a reasonable price, but honestly, with laws the way they are, if we took it I'd probably just post it on pelican and thesamba as an as-is sale for exactly what we credit him for it on the trade. I did some research today and driver-quality, original, non-rebuilt early 2.7 cars are going for between 5 and 9, depending on condition. This one could probably fetch 7 or 8 (rebuilt tranny, no excessive oil leaks as per owner, seemed to drive perfectly normally to me) but I'd need to leave a buffer zone of a grand or so, in case I'm wrong.

If there's interest, and I didn't offend the guy to the point of not answering my calls I'll get details and take pics. I'm not looking to make any money out of this - just want to facilitate the sale of our boxster.

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in a red 74 targa?