Notices

Revwerks/Alpine Autowerks track day Tuesday July 20th, Race City, Calgary, AB

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 05:04 AM
Redlyne_mr2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revwerks/Alpine Autowerks track day Tuesday July 20th, Race City, Calgary, AB

I wanted to extend an invite to Rennlist members as I have a few spots available for an upcoming track day at Race City here in Calgary. Here are the details for the day..

JULY 20th
8am - 4pm
25 cars
200bucks a head
Hot pit lapping day...
A $100 deposit is required to secure a spot for this event.

The day starts at 8am-runs till 4pm i bring a barbeque down and grill burgers and have drinks for everyone to enjoy themselves..

This is the 3rd lapping day i have run this year and every single one has been a success.. As of right now i have roughly 10 spots left and i am looking for individuals who have lapping experience. The event is a hot pit event so passing on the front straight only (i run bus stop) and there are some requirements for the car.

**RULES***

*Everyone entering the facility must check in with Rhys/Ryan to sign the waiver, and pay. (balance by cash please, it's easy for me to pay the track this way.)
*Safety is the PRIMARY concern at all times during this event. Anyone seen to be unsafe on or off the track will be removed from this event and possibly future events.
*Anyone driving in an unsafe manner will be removed from the event immediately with no refund.
*Do not bring an un-safe car! Before you come inspect your rotors/pads and tires
• You must drive within your abilities and exercise good judgment on and off of the track.
• In addition, passing is only allowed in designated passing zones. (Front straight EAST SIDE ONLY.)
• Everyone who participates in this event will be required to wear a helmet of a Snell rating of 2000 or higher.
• Long pants are mandatory while on track
• Should all four wheels leave the track, this is considered a spin out.
• Dropping single or multiple wheels off the pavement, at the entrance , apex or exit of the turns will not be permitted.
• Two spin-outs or loss of control occurrences will result in termination of your driving privileges.
• Any spin or loss of control when a passenger is in the car will result in termination of passenger privileges.
• This event will take place in rain or shine. No refunds will be given for inclement weather.
• No instructors are provided.
• All Drivers must have a valid driver's license. This must be presented at registration.
• All riders/Drivers are responsible for their own medical and car insurance (remember that you really don't have any.)
• No alcohol consumption during the track day
• Pit road and paddock speed limit is 10 kph
• NO Burnouts or doughnuts anywhere on the track or the lot.
• Pets must be kept on a leash at all times.
• No stopping on the racing surface
• The race track is one way travel at all times and will be counter-clockwise for this event.
• No standing or sitting on pit wall
• All children must be supervised at all times
• No burn outs spinning tires or throwing stones (this will be considered unsafe behavior)
• Drivers will be responsible for any damage that they induce to the track surface and/or the facilities
• No refueling or Oil changing on any asphalt surface
• Any oil or fuel spill shall be cleaned up immediately by the responsible party
• Any vehicle with fluid leaks will not be allowed on the track surface until repaired

Email me at ryan.dandurand@bmwgallery.ca or call me directly 403-667-2244
Old 07-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Redlyne_mr2
Racer

5 spots left ladies and gents. I run a tight ship with a great group of people. No hot shots or grease *****, just a fun safe day. All abilities welcome.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Polarporsche
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds like a fun event, I'm going to the Polar Region PCA HPDE at Race City on the 16th and not able to make your event on the 20th due too work commitments.

Hopefully you have a full turn out and good weather, good luck.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Redlyne_mr2
Racer

Thanks man, hope you enjoy your event as well.

4 spots left guys.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Redlyne_mr2
Racer

Going to be a great day tomorrow, today is the last day to register.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:55 PM
TargaMatt
Instructor

I would love to, especially after the fantastic time I had at the PCA DE on Friday . . . alas, no way I can dump my work commitments for tomorrow. Next time...

Quick Reply: Revwerks/Alpine Autowerks track day Tuesday July 20th, Race City, Calgary, AB