Goodbye Fantino!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 11:23 AM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Goodbye Fantino!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...13/?cmpid=rss1

I don't know much about him, but let's hope Chris Lewis is a good replacement...
Old 07-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 72 Posts

He can't be any worse!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:17 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Then again, no matter who is in there, they'll be taking their orders from McGuinty... he needs to be the next to go!
Old 07-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Bahama
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Interesting next step into position of mayor of Vaughan, (then Premier of Ont, then PM, and finally world domination)...
Old 07-07-2010, 03:38 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see Fantino as Putin. He "technically" won't be in charge but will still be calling shots.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

As was expected many months ago and discussed to death, the terror of Woodbridge has been handed his hat and told what’s your hurry. Notice the few words of thanks from McGoofy to the former cop? The only worse relationship this clown had was with Ms Chow/Chow leader of the NDP in Ottawa when she was on the Toronto Police Services Board and was reported as having the screaming match of the century with Flubino one time he was 'ordered' to appear and made them wait for 2 hours until he 'found the time' to appear.

There used to be a priest on the board during that era that told people that he had to stand up between the two of them as he thought they were going to hit each other and were shouting into each others faces. It might have been over some gay issue - I recall there were members of the board that went ape s**t over one of his bath house raids where the female members of the community had their carpeted (!) play rooms invaded by these big burly, bull dykish men with big pistols!! (Edit: Move on - nothing to see here!!)

He has always had a my way or the highway management style and my just retired brother-in-law from Metro who started out with him at C O Bick’s said years ago he wouldn't last when he left the Homicide Squad and moved up to senior command positions. He never saw a fellow commander that he didn't want to walk over, stomp and throw under a bus. You'll see no great big dinners for this man honoring him. They'll be no Order of Ontario for this guy - too many people have felt the jackboot of his form of policing. The silly thing is, other then ego; his driving force behind all of his outmoded ideas has been religion. There is a good reason why separation of church and state is a good thing!

Will the 'dep' be better? Who knows? But this guy didn't get there and STAY there without Flubino's support (and mind set) - so I have my doubts that you'll see much change other then he won't be doing the Lone Ranger bulls**t on the 400 I guess. Can he be his own man? 50/50 in my view.

I guess the civil suit in Hamilton that two OPP officers brought against Flubino quietly goes away now and a payout and legal bills covered will be the order of the day. The taxpayer takes it in the shorts again and we didn't even get a kiss.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

He gets my vote for the most destructive and unpleasant public "Servant" I have ever some across in Canada. Delighted to see the back of him and hope he retires to Florida or somewhere far away.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Good effin' riddance. Sorry to anybody in Vaughan - that's really quite unfortunate for you.

Quick Reply: Goodbye Fantino!