Notices

Experience with EU Autowerks

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 09:53 AM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 303 Likes on 202 Posts

Courtney was not there w/o June 14 and when the cats away, the mice will screw up, maybe.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:14 PM
thewitchdokta
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm keeping an open mind, since everyone seems to speak so highly of them.

FC-Racer, I know sometimes things happen, but I've had the same work done twice elsewhere and never had this problem. Part of the service is adequit testing to make sure it was done correctly.

Thanks to everyone so far for the input.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:40 PM
thewitchdokta
Rennlist Member

Just as an interesting side note, I know that the Autowerks team is aware of this post because i can see that the rennlist user Christine.Autowerks (whom I assume was the lovley lady in the front office) has been creeping my profile.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:55 AM
1 PGH 1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Autowerks has done a lot of work on my car over the last few years - suspension, intake, ECU tune, exhaust, annuals, etc. They have always done a great job ... they even point the tips of the wheel crests at the air valves. Just had my car in yesterday for its annual service and again everything was great ... I sat in the coffee shop while they did the work so I saw them go out on the test drive. Sounds like a one-off. Courtney and Dominic are great guys, so I'm sure they'll follow-up to your satisfaction.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:01 PM
sebastian944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar issue at Autowerks, so i feel your pain. My car was there for two weeks having the belts, rollars, seals, radiator fix and a nasty oil leak near the turbo. When the work was done they couldn't get it started anymore. They were certain it was the ECU or maybe the DME computers. So i went and bought used computers but later found out they didn't correct the issue. Until one day they started it up and it ran fine, but they didn't have a clue why it wasn't turning over. I picked it up and it stalled on hwy 401. Had the car towed. I wiggle the reference sensors car starts up again then drive away, car stalls again this time wiggling didn't do anything. Towed again. I brought it to a different shop (Henry at Refined Motorsports) and they were able to find the cause of the stall. It was the injector clips or a break in the injector harness when Autowerks took the intake off it broke something else I guess. Drove away then the radiator leaked again (i guess that wasn't fixed either) . Had to get towed again. So I had a new radiator put in and new crank sensors...

Anyways. They were very accommodating though and they were honestly stumped on what was happening. Radiator was a temp fix i guess, i should of just got a new radiator at that time.

Courtney is a great guy i would probably go back again, but not if they have to take the intake off. Diagnosing these cars is a pain especially when they are 25 years old there is so few around to test with in their garages. Hard to blame the shop really, but it was bad first time experience.

The biggest pain was not having CAA during all that, i spent more money on the tow truck then in parts in some cases. Live and learn.

I highly recommend Refined Motorsports though, Henry is a very honest mechanic.

Last edited by sebastian944; 06-27-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow,... I always thought Autowerks was bulit proof compared to other shops but it's looking like that's not the case with 944s. I was going to get them to do my next alignment but now I don't think so. To be honest, I think they get so much business from the owners of other p-car models, I doubt they would miss working on 944s.

+1 Henry at Refined Motorsports has a great rep but there are are others as well,... Mantis and Auto Select come to mind.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:20 PM
thewitchdokta
Rennlist Member

For my alignments i go to Woodbridge Alignment. It's very good quality work and fair prices. You just have to wake up super early and be there at 8 because they don't take appointment.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 411 Posts

I see 944s and 951s at courtneys all the time when passing by (every sunday). breaking a connection is not acceptable for a shop that specializes in these cars and charges the rate they do.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:51 PM
thewitchdokta
Rennlist Member

UPDATE!!!

I just spoke with Courtney and I am impressed with the sincere apology that he put forward to me. After chatting with him for a bit I can see why everyone says he's fair and honest. I got the same impression. I'll have to withhold judgment until next time. He invited me to bring my car back for the next service and he'll personally look at it. I'm interested to see the difference.

I'm curious, to any of the Autowerks faithful, do you guys specify which technician works on your car or is it random? One of the things I like about Refined Motorsports is that you know Henry is the one that's going to be working on the car. Perhaps some of those guys at Autowerks are great with late model Porsches but lack the experience on the earlier cars. Can anyone shed light on this?
Old 06-29-2010, 02:11 PM
thewitchdokta
Rennlist Member

UPDATE

I just got a call from Domenic at Autowerks and he surprised me as well with the level of responsibility he took for the issues I faced. I got a sense from him that there is a great deal of focus on the customer experience, though this is the first I've felt of it. I will continue to share my experience as it unfolds. I still want to hear from the Autowerks clientele about the above post.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:28 PM
rideau
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

The Witchdokta
I have had my car serviced and modified at EU since 2005. I do not request a specific technician and have been more than satisfied with the results of every appointment. I have owned and had cars serviced for 45 years (the horror to see this in black and white) and would rate the EU experience at the top of the list.
I do feel that I am treated as a valued customer, not the bearer of a wallet ready to be emptied.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:19 PM
sebastian944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thewitchdokta
UPDATE!!!

I just spoke with Courtney and I am impressed with the sincere apology that he put forward to me. After chatting with him for a bit I can see why everyone says he's fair and honest. I got the same impression. I'll have to withhold judgment until next time. He invited me to bring my car back for the next service and he'll personally look at it. I'm interested to see the difference.

I'm curious, to any of the Autowerks faithful, do you guys specify which technician works on your car or is it random? One of the things I like about Refined Motorsports is that you know Henry is the one that's going to be working on the car. Perhaps some of those guys at Autowerks are great with late model Porsches but lack the experience on the earlier cars. Can anyone shed light on this?
I was in direct contact with Courtney because he was the only one working on my car. Just saying..
Old 04-13-2011, 10:46 PM
deijmaster
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy to read this post, because this friday morning I'm going in for a PPI. I hope they will do a good job on the 2006 997.1 I'm looking at... I have to fly in from Montreal, the trip better be worth it.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:05 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by deijmaster
Happy to read this post, because this friday morning I'm going in for a PPI. I hope they will do a good job on the 2006 997.1 I'm looking at... I have to fly in from Montreal, the trip better be worth it.
yea just ask Dom when my car is going to be ready :P? I told him he can have her for a week, but i think he took me litterly GL with your PPI, EU Autowerks is Top Notch Facility
Old 04-14-2011, 12:23 AM
deijmaster
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zookie
yea just ask Dom when my car is going to be ready :P? I told him he can have her for a week, but i think he took me litterly GL with your PPI, EU Autowerks is Top Notch Facility
Nice car Zookie, I'll take a look for this beauty! I should be there around lunch time, I'm going for a nice 06 coupe with 18 000 km only - 65k... This will be my first Porsche. A bit expensive from Pfaff, but a single owner beauty is worth it in my eyes... 2 years CPO of course.

Quick Reply: Experience with EU Autowerks