Notices

Front Plate Precident?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 05:04 PM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peritus
I'm all for calling a spade a spade, but honestly, that's a bit harsh. If you've ever met the man in person, which I'm sure you have not, you'd get a much different impression.

If (when) I am able to live the Porsche ownership experience to the same inspirational degree that Ronan did, I'll be sure to be cautious when recalling details of my experience to the masses.
So the relevance of taking Euro delivery, to "front plate precident?" is what exactly?
Old 06-07-2010, 05:15 PM
rideau
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

relevance is apparent to a careful reader of prior posts.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:17 PM
peritus
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

1) If you have some time on your hands, why not search through all Rennlist posts to ensure post relevance adheres throughout the life of a thread to the post title?

2) If you have even more time on your hands, why not appoint yourself as the Chat Forum Content Inspector, to ensure that peoples' comments are in check with your personal preferences?

3) If you still have time on you hands, why not come out and meet some people in this friendly community before you blatantly insult them?
Old 06-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Chopper, I gotta agree with James on this - you should meet the man in person before calling him out online. Having met Ronan several times, I can say he's anything but pompous, boastful, whatever you want to call it. He's a true Porsche enthusiast, and obviously can afford to do live that dream to a much greater extent than most of us. Many of us do live through him vicariously, tongue in cheek, and his stories are always interesting to hear.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:19 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 304 Likes on 203 Posts

I started this thread and I demand you cut this crap out right now!!
Old 06-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awe..... Come in guys let's not kill freedome of opinion.

It's stuff like this that makes Rennlist so interesting:-)

Ronan is a pretty cool kid and if you came out to a Sat meet, you would understand him better. His passion can be sometimes misunderstood.

Ok...that's my 2 cents....

Originally Posted by chopperzz
Can we assume that everyone know's that Ronan has taken Euro delivery for his RS, therefore relieving the need for every post to remind us that we didn't?

Don't get me wrong, we all enjoyed the photos that you shared with us from your trip and the experience that you had must've been 2nd to none, except the last time you did it with your '09, however your posts were posts that you created and we chose to visit them.

When you answer unrelated posts and reference to your Euro delivery (twice), it just comes across as pompous.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:09 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

no front plate for 10 years and so far no ticket.

PS. I hear that when a Cruiser does a "u" turn as he passes you .....its a good idea to make a right turn followed by a few left turns...... lol !

PPS. I would never do that myself !
Old 06-07-2010, 11:46 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedyellow993

PS. I hear that when a Cruiser does a "u" turn as he passes you .....its a good idea to make a right turn followed by a few left turns...... lol !

PPS. I would never do that myself !
Why not? Turning is not illegal
Old 06-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Christien
Race Car

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

We drive with dealer plates all the time - I've never had a problem, but my wife has had the u-turn and brief follow by the cops several times
Old 06-08-2010, 07:33 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Sorry if I offended anyone!. I do agree completely that people should be entitled to express their own opinions and the comments re my post are no different than anyone else's. I would never want to see a thread stopped because someone was irritated by something they did not like. I apologize if I inadvertently offended anyone. Rennlist is a great place and I enjoy the Saturday morning GTGs and the odd track day if I can make it.

My broader point was that the majority of places require front plates and its not a big deal, and the only relevance was that if others are taking ED on their cars they will have front plates already. No choice. Also, if you are importing used from the US, most of them will be drilled. Obviously you can go to the trouble of filling them and and having a respray if you strongly prefer the esthetics, but I would question the impact on performance. If you are running something at full race spec you will not have plates anyway. I could not detect the slightest difference with and without plates.
Certainly the cars look better.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 411 Posts

did Adam ever install that device that hdes the plate and you press a button and it pops out with springs?
Old 06-08-2010, 12:39 PM
atr911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In the Ottawa area it's great. Because we're so close to Quebec the police are rarely on the look out for front plate infractions. I did get pulled over once in an Audi when I was visiting my inlaws in Sudbury. Cop saw no front plate in rear view mirror, allowed me to pass and turned on the flashers once her verified car had Ontario tags. It wasn't cheap and he wouldn't accept any type of excuse. Put the plate on the next week, it was a 10 year old audi and the only reason it wasn't there was because of my lazyness.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:10 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

If holes in the bumper are the concern, there's a company that makes a bracket that screws in to the tow hook thread. And I'm sorry, I don't have the website handy.

Last edited by FFaust; 06-08-2010 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Man, gotta check the spelling, lol.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:07 PM
gekko
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FFaust
I don't had the website handy.
I was looking to do the same with my new car and came across a few sites. I decided against it, as my plate would be offset to the side and just looked plain funny to me.

http://www.schattenbaum.org/TechArti...ngTowHook.aspx

http://www.gominigo.com/NHLPB-Porsche.html
Old 06-08-2010, 11:25 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

^ Agree.

Quick Reply: Front Plate Precident?