Notices

Sold my C4S today

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 09:31 PM
Receiver
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Sold my C4S today

She's gone to a good home. I'm happy with the price. Now to find a 996 turbo to replace her.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:59 PM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Good for you Sean and best of luck in the search for a replacement. P.S. Sorry I couldn't make the GTG but I just had too much on my plate. - Glenn
Old 05-31-2010, 11:18 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 522 Likes on 391 Posts

Congrats on the sale...I came to the gtg but late and missed you 11.45. I had the 951.
good luck on the search for the 996tt. what year are you considering?
Old 05-31-2010, 11:22 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 537 Posts

Congrats Receiver! Where did you advertise it?
Old 06-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Receiver
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
Congrats on the sale...I came to the gtg but late and missed you 11.45. I had the 951.
good luck on the search for the 996tt. what year are you considering?
Looking for an 03 -05. I've found the car. Low mileage X50. PPI tomorrow. Can't believe my luck if this car proves to be a good one. I'll explain later.

First guy who looked at the C4S saw it on PCA UCR. He bought it within an hour of looking at it and left a $1,000 deposit. He called the next day and said his wife wouldn't let him buy it. I laughed and ripped up his cheque. The next guy found it on Kijiji and looked at it 3 days after I ripped up the 1st guy's cheque. We did a PPI at DFC. Made me put new wiper blades on it. Gimme a break. Got the money on Monday this week. Two happy guys although he showed up with a Bank draft for $500 less than we had agreed on thinking I would take it to get the deal done. Sorry for his luck. He just happened to have $500 cash in his pocket in case I wasn't as stupid as I look.

Hope the PPI works out. I want this car bad.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:17 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Receiver
Looking for an 03 -05. I've found the car. Low mileage X50. PPI tomorrow. Can't believe my luck if this car proves to be a good one. I'll explain later.

First guy who looked at the C4S saw it on PCA UCR. He bought it within an hour of looking at it and left a $1,000 deposit. He called the next day and said his wife wouldn't let him buy it. I laughed and ripped up his cheque. The next guy found it on Kijiji and looked at it 3 days after I ripped up the 1st guy's cheque. We did a PPI at DFC. Made me put new wiper blades on it. Gimme a break. Got the money on Monday this week. Two happy guys although he showed up with a Bank draft for $500 less than we had agreed on thinking I would take it to get the deal done. Sorry for his luck. He just happened to have $500 cash in his pocket in case I wasn't as stupid as I look.

$500 bucks less, eh? God, what's the point?

Some people just aren't happy unless they feel they got a "deal" or ripped someone else off.

Good luck in your 996 Turbo hunt. Seem to be lots of great deals out there.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,011 Likes on 1,778 Posts

he showed up with a Bank draft for $500 less than we had agreed on thinking I would take it to get the deal done. Sorry for his luck. He just happened to have $500 cash in his pocket in case I wasn't as stupid as I look.
Classy move...

Best of luck with the new car. What prompted the move?
Old 06-02-2010, 04:41 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two happy guys although he showed up with a Bank draft for $500 less than we had agreed on thinking I would take it to get the deal done. Sorry for his luck. He just happened to have $500 cash in his pocket in case I wasn't as stupid as I look.
...and that is the reason why I hate selling cars and most everything else... I learned my lessons, and I now state in my add that the price I am selling for is final and that I will not negotiate on price... the funny thing is that I always seem to find a decent buyer that way.

P
Old 06-02-2010, 04:45 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PPo
...and that is the reason why I hate selling cars and most everything else... I learned my lessons, and I now state in my add that the price I am selling for is final and that I will not negotiate on price... the funny thing is that I always seem to find a decent buyer that way.

P
Good idea.

If you really want to deepen your hate of humanity run a garage sale. Never again! Ever!
Old 06-02-2010, 04:54 PM
peritus
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

I would have told him to eff off, and that he lost his chance for being such a loser, and then given him the option to buy the car at $500 more that what you had agreed upon.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:03 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NinetyOneC2
Good idea.

If you really want to deepen your hate of humanity run a garage sale. Never again! Ever!
LOL! My friend just had one, and half way through the garage sale he kicked everybody off his driveway, packed everything into his Minivan, and dropped it all off at Goodwill the next Monday... He says that he would rather throw everything out, then be insulted by people offering 5 cents for a two year old lawn mower in perfect condition...
Old 06-02-2010, 05:07 PM
peritus
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
LOL! My friend just had one, and half way through the garage sale he kicked everybody off his driveway, packed everything into his Minivan, and dropped it all off at Goodwill the next Monday... He says that he would rather throw everything out, then be insulted by people offering 5 cents for a two year old lawn mower in perfect condition...
Hey I need a lawnmower.. I'll give you 10 cents!

That's annoying. Whenever any workers / service people come to my place, I make sure that that toys are hidden away out of view, so that I don't get the Porsche ownership 20% surcharge...
Old 06-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would have...given him the option to buy the car at $500 more...peritus
But with the old wiper blades.

...he showed up with a bank draft...Receiver
With a guy like that, I'd worry about whether the draft was any good.

...he kicked everybody off his driveway...PPo
At the last sale we had, my wife was distracted for a moment, and later discovered some cash missing. No more sales for us, either.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:09 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,115 Likes on 797 Posts

did the draft say Nigeria on it anywhere ?
Old 06-02-2010, 08:40 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theiceman
did the draft say Nigeria on it anywhere ?
LOL.

Last car I sold I asked the bank what kind of payment I should ask for. They said a certified cheque. Naturally I asked if there was ANY way the funds could be reversed or absent and they said "not really".

I don't know about you but "not really" is a heckuva long way from "no" when tens of thousands of dollars are involved.

Quick Reply: Sold my C4S today