Notices

This is the 'why' part of no overturn of 50K and over speeding law...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 02:24 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chopperzz
I think the bigger idiot is the person who says "almost always" and has clearly not been on the losing side of a motorcycle to car accident, by the hands of someone who carelessly pilots an automobile. No phones, no assumptions but an accident nonetheless.
There are 2 kinds of riders, those that have been down and those that are going down. Your time is coming. Keep your 2 cents to fashion a plate for your head.
You assumed wrong. I totaled a brand new Harley on Sept 13th after over 100000 km of experience. You are right I am an idiot, idiot.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:25 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by petee_c
..... I am one of those riders who have crashed. Both times it's been my fault...... Learned from both incidents (no such thing as an accident).... Luckily, I escaped with minor bruising and sprains....

I wouldn't consider myself as careless.... but one split second is all it takes.

P
+1000
Old 05-14-2010, 02:53 PM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

My mistake I found 2 IDIOTS and both from the bottom 90%. I need to buy a lottery ticket...........
Old 05-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Zookie
even if they catch him later it wont be for this incident... Driver Wins Cops Lose on this one... thats what this threads about...
Fat lady hasn't sung yet...

From the Toronto Star.
Was it you driving the white Mercedes that was racing a BMW last Monday and which the cops clocked at 224 km/h on the Gardiner westbound, near Kipling? If so, police might be coming to visit you - once the G20 is over, next month.

The Mercedes' licence plate is apparently on the pursuing cop cruiser's video, but it's not so clear in the 2 am light that it can't be read without being enhanced, and that's just not a priority for police right now.

"Nobody got killed, nobody got injured, so they'll get to it once the G20 is over," says Sgt. Tim Burrows of Toronto police. "It's just a speeding ticket after all - though it's a big one."

The driver of the 3-Series BMW says he has no idea who was driving the Benz that night when the police say the two racing cars blew past the cruiser at 189 km/h. The cop drove out to pull them both over and they'd slowed to around 160 km/h, but while the BMW braked and pulled over, the Mercedes driver stepped on the gas and peeled away, allegedly hitting 224 km/h on the police speed laser as the car rocketed off west.

Police have six months to lay the charge, so they're not hurrying. Apparently, the video is safe and they'll get to it once the world's leaders are all safely back home again, sometime next month.

That's when the car will be impounded and the driver's licence suspended for a week, and the charge will be laid that could include a fine up to $10,000.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:57 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I call BS.

They're stalling... they don't want the public to think that a speeder got away... that a speeder "outdid" the police.

Watch, next thing we know they're going to spend millions of dollars on better cruisers... because 2 wrongs make a right. Oh, I forgot, it's ok to speed if you're a cop! I was driving to Ottawa a few months ago, doing a steady 140 along the 401... very little traffic as it was a Friday night. I saw an SUV in the distance that seemed to have reflectors on the back... it got held up behind a truck passing another truck and I caught up... it was definitely a police SUV. As soon as the truck was out of the way it rocketed ahead, and I followed it (at a very safe distance) doing 140+ for about an hour before it turned off the highway. No lights, no sirens... just cruising.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche0nut
I call BS.

They're stalling... they don't want the public to think that a speeder got away... that a speeder "outdid" the police.
Agree

its called Scare Tactics, been used for centuries... how long does it take to Run plates and get to that Adress? its 2010, any amature Photograper can do amazing things with Pictures and they cant make out a plate coz of the Lighting? it takes 2 mins to Enhance a Photo in a 10 year olds hands lols... Wate till after the Sumit is over, lols and you guys belive this, hahaha... Cumon, opp will do anything to be in the papers...

Driver 1 - 0 OPP

PS: i cant belive you guys are still on this topic...
Old 05-17-2010, 07:45 PM
jasonintoronto
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by porsche0nut
I call BS.

yup they don't want people copying this guy and hitting the gas once a car pulls up behind them.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:46 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

If the incident with the Mini Club has taught us anything, everyone who owns a white mercedes should call a lawyer asap. Oh, %@#*, my mom and dad both drive a white benz...
Old 05-18-2010, 08:17 AM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
If the incident with the Mini Club has taught us anything, everyone who owns a white mercedes should call a lawyer asap. Oh, %@#*, my mom and dad both drive a white benz...
Man, your parents really need to get their street racing under control before somebody gets hurt!
Old 05-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

I wonder if anyone in the autobody industry is seeing a white MB this week where the owner is 'bored' with the colour and wants a change?
Old 05-18-2010, 05:20 PM
webbie
Pro

Haha, popo watching too much movies where the computer can KEEP ON enhancing a pic to SUPER HIGH DEFINITION quality with 100 hours countdown.

They have six months to lay charges, and WHAT IF the same guy go out tonight doing 300km on highway and kill a grandma with her 6 months old grandson? No need to hurry.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Originally Posted by webbie
They have six months to lay charges, and WHAT IF the same guy go out tonight doing 300km on highway and kill a grandma with her 6 months old grandson? No need to hurry.

Thats what killed photo radar you know. The Government got a legal opinion that the Province could be held to account if a drunk driver was caught on photo radar and miles down the road ran into someone and killed them. The civil trial would be a, 'what if' it had of been a radar trap staffed by a police officer instead of a photo radar unit - the drunk driver could have been stopped saving a life.

Your argument above is valid. You only use the option of the six month time limit where you have ALREADY stopped someone and have the details of the incident for the crown to review. Thats what the six months is for - so they can review the evidence and decide either way if a charge is laid.

It was never intended to create the slowest traffic stop in history!!

Cop: 'Yes your honor, we chased him for six months'.

Judge: 'But if my math is correct, doesn't 180 days at 285kph make his speed and average of .063 kph per hour'???

Quick Reply: This is the 'why' part of no overturn of 50K and over speeding law...