Notices

911 Kids Pedal Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Sputter
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It also requires a composite half cage, 5pt belts..fire suit optional.

Originally Posted by Ronan
Good: Beats the gas mileage of the 918, will never be confiscated by Fantino,quietest Porsche in production.
Bad: Hard to pass the PCA inspection for DE, and the fire extinguished really slows down track performance.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:46 AM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche0nut
Not sure, I've never had one, my thoughts are that it may be boring for a 7 yr old... he/she would probably be more interested in karting?
You obviously haven't visitted http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/

Our 7 yr old daughter doesn't ride it as much, but our 4 year old loves his jeep ($5 at last year's garage sale), but the gearbox is plastic and the drivetrain (wheels, tires have been macgyvered many times...) Most recently I had to replace a front wheel and find bushings to get proper spacing for the axles.... I have thought about adding another 6V to the system (ours is a 6v low, 12v high as stock), but am afraid that the plastic gears would disintegrate... with no real prospects of getting parts.) The frame is good (steel), the weak point in ours is the gears. The wiring and connectors had to be replaced cause they melted after a 15minute run around the block I've been trying to think up a way to converting it to belt drive, but haven't had the time or skill to prototype anything.

My wife is thinking we should get a new one for a end of school year present for the kids....
Old 05-06-2010, 02:25 AM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Boxter and find that its pretty well built. Go for it.

Quick Reply: 911 Kids Pedal Car