Notices

RSP Motorsports - feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 08:53 PM
blotto649
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

mattsnoozer, check out PZ Tuning in Waterloo, near Conestoga Mall. He knows Hondas and custom tunes inside and out.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:36 AM
swbatte
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RSP will do a Honda Tune for you. I'd suggest stopping by and having a chat with them. They tune things properly there.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:48 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,023 Likes on 728 Posts

Originally Posted by swbatte
RSP will do a Honda Tune for you. I'd suggest stopping by and having a chat with them. They tune things properly there.
Ummmmm no....

Scroll back in this thread.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:38 PM
R6XTERRA
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone that thinks RSP has your back. The only thing they have is your wallet. The experience I had with Renato was brutal. Renato is the be all and end all of Porsche, he knows everything.... and you are never correct. After having my car flat bedded to them multiple times. $1000's of dollars in gas back and forth, this does not include the ridiculous bills I entailed. I picked up my car 5 times last year, and every time the car did not work properly. The very last time I picked up my car I made sure to get to there shop early so I could test drive the car before there doors closed. Car did not work properly yet again. I raised my concern with Renato yet again and he told me to leave and go home that my car worked perfectly fine. Seriously??????

These guys throw good money at problems. Never ever being honest with me in regards to what they are installing on my car. No diagnostic sense what so ever. There were also supposed to do a leak down test on my car....to this day I have no numbers for.

They are scammers. Anyone wanting to know the whole story. I am more than willing to speak with them in regards to this. I know at least 20-30 Porsche guys that would never ever take there car to them.

STAY AWAY!!! FAR, FAR AWAY!!!!!

Jeff
The following users liked this post:
Sorica (06-07-2023)
Old 10-26-2015, 04:16 PM
swbatte
Pro

Originally Posted by theiceman
Ummmmm no....

Scroll back in this thread.
I have read the whole thread. Thanks.

I've always been treated very well there, and have had friends save thousands over what the dealerships wanted to charge for repairs etc.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:19 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

I have read the whole thread. Thanks.

I've always been treated very well there, and have had friends save thousands over what the dealerships wanted to charge for repairs etc.
Well that's good then, I apologize, on your short post I thought you quickly threw up a response. I guess OP can make his decision based on the info in this thread. its all good ..

on a related note I wonder what happened to "hyper 911" and his RSP tune .
Old 10-26-2015, 04:37 PM
swbatte
Pro

I'm not sure. Is Hyper on Rennlist still?

I had a couple of friends with Turbos get tunes there and did well, although aftermarket suspensions don't do well in year round driving conditions it appears.

I know I know OT.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:58 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

I'm not sure. Is Hyper on Rennlist still?

I had a couple of friends with Turbos get tunes there and did well, although aftermarket suspensions don't do well in year round driving conditions it appears.

I know I know OT.
I do see him time to time .. shame with his car though .. gorgeous car , put out an absolute TON of smoke at the dyno day .. we were all like WTF ? after it cleared it seemed okay then a month or so later it was all over.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:12 PM
thecriw
4th Gear

Default Horrific experience with RSP

Worst automotive experience I have ever encountered. 8.3 hours of work and the car was there for nearly 7 weeks!!! They are horrible communicators and never ever answer their phone. One email took over a week for Renato to reply!
Long long story but I ended up retrieving my car in pieces as they had yet to finish it. They wanted to replace parts that I had already replaced with new as Renato said and I quote "that's not the way we do things" meaning if they removed a part it would be replaced with new, even though it was already new!?!?! Absolute worst place to deal with!!!!! There was also a strong smell of alcohol on Renato's breath the first time I met him.... should have been my first clue......! Horrible horrible experience!
Sorica (05-08-2020)
Old 09-11-2016, 02:25 PM
jeanmarcboilard
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by thecriw
Worst automotive experience I have ever encountered. 8.3 hours of work and the car was there for nearly 7 weeks!!! They are horrible communicators and never ever answer their phone. One email took over a week for Renato to reply!
Long long story but I ended up retrieving my car in pieces as they had yet to finish it. They wanted to replace parts that I had already replaced with new as Renato said and I quote "that's not the way we do things" meaning if they removed a part it would be replaced with new, even though it was already new!?!?! Absolute worst place to deal with!!!!! There was also a strong smell of alcohol on Renato's breath the first time I met him.... should have been my first clue......! Horrible horrible experience!
Oh no! Too bad you didn't read this thread before you went there. I hope you get everything sorted out.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:00 PM
thecriw
4th Gear

Originally Posted by jeanmarcboilard
Oh no! Too bad you didn't read this thread before you went there. I hope you get everything sorted out.

Thanks, I will get it all sorted and do it myself as always. I only took it to them as I needed a safety inspection and was suffering from a fuel air issue I couldn't solve. Hopefully have it on the road shortly just waiting on my CIS fuel distributor to come back from rebuild. I too am in Sarnia...?!?!
Old 09-17-2016, 01:51 PM
jeanmarcboilard
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What model do you have? I've done almost all my own work on my 996 turbo at home. I also have an older 944 that I work on. If you need any help troubleshooting or for any maintenance, I'd be happy to give you a hand.
I tried to message you my number but your messenger doesn't work.
Jean-Marc
Old 12-18-2019, 02:54 PM
Jackson M
2nd Gear

Angry Rip off service centre - RSP motorsports

Had RSP perform routine servide on my Porsche and they suggested a bunch of work to be done. They did an assessment and charged me and gave me an expensive quote.
After visiting their shop I decided to go to the dealer to find out what exactly is wrong with it and get a second opinion and the porsche delear who I'm friends with in 5 minutes and absolutely for free found that everything was fine with the car and they are not surprised that RSP made false diagnostic since I'm not the first one who came for a second opinion. After conversation with couple mechanic friends been told that this is the issue the've heard about RSP . When notified RSP about it and they didn't respond. Lol. Caught red handed Mr. Renato Fausch and your scam shop. NOT RECOMMENDED! STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!
Sorica (02-19-2020)
Old 02-29-2020, 02:53 PM
cat tyrrrell
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I have only thanks and appreciation for the excellent service we had with the two performance, supercharged vehicles we had Stefan do the dyno testing for.
Stefan, was very experienced and very patient with describing the dyno test results. I would and will use their dyno service again and I invite all who want to better understand their vehicles and their potential to get a dyno test with Stefan at RSP in Komoka.. We also, much appreciated the time that Michel and Renato took with us as they gave us a complete tour of their excellent facility. Cheers and support, F and D. PS. The dyno is appropriate for all vehicles. We had Stefan dyno, two supercharged Ford F 150.. So for the performance truck enthusiasts, take your ride to RSP. 10 our of 10 stars..
Old 02-29-2020, 04:12 PM
Jet Jockey
Pro

Received 243 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by cat tyrrrell
I have only thanks and appreciation for the excellent service we had with the two performance, supercharged vehicles we had Stefan do the dyno testing for.
Stefan, was very experienced and very patient with describing the dyno test results. I would and will use their dyno service again and I invite all who want to better understand their vehicles and their potential to get a dyno test with Stefan at RSP in Komoka.. We also, much appreciated the time that Michel and Renato took with us as they gave us a complete tour of their excellent facility. Cheers and support, F and D. PS. The dyno is appropriate for all vehicles. We had Stefan dyno, two supercharged Ford F 150.. So for the performance truck enthusiasts, take your ride to RSP. 10 our of 10 stars..

You must be a troll!

Quick Reply: RSP Motorsports - feedback?