Notices

RSP Motorsports - feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 06:30 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by swbatte
You made an impression on them Dennis - they mentioned the guy in the Ferrari when I went over there to say hi.

Porsche London was very nice and welcoming, but I suspect I'll stick with RSP. It's great to have a dealership locally though.
LOL, I was there the first day they opened. Chris Pfaff's GT3 RS is on display as I'm sure you know. Might be time for another Porsche soon Wifey is going to kill me.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:38 PM
swbatte
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PbPedis
LOL, I was there the first day they opened. Chris Pfaff's GT3 RS is on display as I'm sure you know. Might be time for another Porsche soon Wifey is going to kill me.
Ok - I saw it there, and my wife said "Ooooh, I like this one Sean, why haven't you bought one of these?"

The answer was simple - "Go ask them how much it costs.". Having P-London could be expensive though.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Reifle
Track Day

Is this the old RPP Motorsports of London with a totally new shop?
Old 09-17-2010, 12:06 PM
swbatte
Pro

Originally Posted by Reifle
Is this the old RPP Motorsports of London with a totally new shop?
Yes.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:33 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Im headed to RSP in a couple days to confirm that the tune on my new-to-me 996TT is safe and to give me some comfort around the use of the boost controller with the set up.

Im really looking forward to it. I know that Renato has been very helpful to me, with no benefit to him, during my search for a car. He was available whenever I called to discuss the various cars that I was considering at the time.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:45 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Had a great AM at RSP. Those guys know their scheisse!

My biggest pull was 575 lb/ft with 555 whp - but we have backed boost off from that to a very friendly 500 hp.

They certainly paid attention to all the little details, both in the data logging and in the prep too.

Thanks Renato and Stefan!
Old 06-15-2015, 09:11 PM
jeanmarcboilard
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

DO NOT let them touch your car if it's modified or let them tune your car!!!! They messed up my external wastegate hose configuration and then blamed my tune for the problem they created. They then attempted to tune my car by unsoldering a chip on my DME and installing a new one and subsequently damaged my motherboard in the process which resulted in a constant PSM/ABS fault. I had to purchase a new DME and have a qualified tuner (thanks Markski) install a new tune to fix my PSM/ABS faults. They refused to return my calls or emails. They are better salesmen than mechanics. I wouldn't be surprised if their German accents are fake.
The following users liked this post:
Sorica (06-07-2023)
Old 06-16-2015, 10:52 AM
Bill N
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm surprised they are still in business, but it sounds like the same old, same old. Renato Fausch "rebuilt" my 951 engine, and among other things, installed the balance shafts backwards. A rookie mistake, and hard to dispute, but he took no responsibility for it.

Renato is Swiss. I suspect the accent, at least, is real.

Originally Posted by jeanmarcboilard
DO NOT let them touch your car if it's modified or let them tune your car!!!! They messed up my external wastegate hose configuration and then blamed my tune for the problem they created. They then attempted to tune my car by unsoldering a chip on my DME and installing a new one and subsequently damaged my motherboard in the process which resulted in a constant PSM/ABS fault. I had to purchase a new DME and have a qualified tuner (thanks Markski) install a new tune to fix my PSM/ABS faults. They refused to return my calls or emails. They are better salesmen than mechanics. I wouldn't be surprised if their German accents are fake.
Sorica (06-07-2023)
Old 06-16-2015, 11:00 AM
Bill N
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oops, sorry, reviewed the thread, it seems I'm repeating myself. Just can't help reliving the trauma :-)

Originally Posted by Bill N
I'm surprised they are still in business, but it sounds like the same old, same old. Renato Fausch "rebuilt" my 951 engine, and among other things, installed the balance shafts backwards. A rookie mistake, and hard to dispute, but he took no responsibility for it.

Renato is Swiss. I suspect the accent, at least, is real.
Old 08-20-2015, 02:56 PM
kam4524
2nd Gear

Thumbs down RSP MOTORSPORTS

Stay far far away from them. They will rob you blind and NOT back any of their warranty. Extremely disappointed with the quality of work done on my transmission. They "fixed" it with a new part and I didn't even drive 3000 kms without the same thing happening AGAIN.....they never offered to have the part replaced or anything.....I would NEVER again send even my kids pedal car to these guys.
Sorica (06-07-2023)
Old 10-22-2015, 01:20 PM
mattsnoozer
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bump an old thread. RSP motor sports 2015

I'm interested in taking my 1993 honda prelude 2.2L vtec turbo to a tuning shop but live closer to London than toronto (that and have no desire to drive in toronto anyway).

I have a few issues. I sold my old h22a prelude stock and purchased this car off a younger man from toronto recently who had it built in toronto by a reputable honda builder/tuner. It was beat up a bit to say the least. I have repaired most issues but need the following (as I am newer to turbo charged vehicles):

1) Check waste gate and blow off valve for proper functioning.
2) new waste gate likely and I need springs explained to me with manual boost controller. I feel some air escaping the waste gate during idle (not out the dump tube either but from more up by the valve)
3) check vacuum line routing to verify its optimal
4) find cause of compressor surge (from what I can figure). Blow off sound doesn't sound right. BOV is an un circulated turbonetics BOV. has 2 ports, only one hooked up which I read isn't a huge deal but may delay BOV opening/closing.

I was considering RSP motor sports so did some web browsing and found this forum. So far the feelings of RSP motor sports are mixed I would say. I'm hoping more people have went as this original thread is 5 years old.

Any body else with more recent experiences?
Also specifically, any body else experience them with hondata and tuning a honda?

Lastly any other opinions on where to get work done? I live down in Norfolk county close to Port Rowan (south of london about 1 hour)
Old 10-22-2015, 01:34 PM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by theiceman
how does one put a balance shaft in backwards !!!! i mean i can see it being out of phase .. actually the shop that rebuilt my engine put them in 180 deg out of pahase and I had a lot of horrable vibration .. when i went to get it retentioned the mech told me about it and fixed it . it ran like a new car after that .. but backwards ? sheesh ..
You can't put the balance shaft in backwards, without cutting and welding I mean.

On a 944/951/924 8-valve engine, installing the balance shaft out of phase is common. It's actually a lot more difficult than you think to get it perfect. I know, I have done it more than once. However, I always caught it before I re-started the engine. It's a not complicated to un-do and re-adjust. You are talking literally 15-30 minutes, not hours.

The bigger issue is that when they are out of balance, it's obvious... if the shop can't tell, that's a problem. The customer... well... you will feel the buzzing in your right foot.

By the way, if you engine mounts keep failing fast... your balance shafts are out of alignment.
Old 10-23-2015, 03:12 PM
kam4524
2nd Gear

mattsnoozer Bump an old thread. RSP motor sports 2015
I'm interested in taking my 1993 honda prelude 2.2L vtec turbo to a tuning shop but live closer to London than toronto (that and have no desire to drive in toronto anyway).

I have a few issues. I sold my old h22a prelude stock and purchased this car off a younger man from toronto recently who had it built in toronto by a reputable honda builder/tuner. It was beat up a bit to say the least. I have repaired most issues but need the following (as I am newer to turbo charged vehicles):

1) Check waste gate and blow off valve for proper functioning.
2) new waste gate likely and I need springs explained to me with manual boost controller. I feel some air escaping the waste gate during idle (not out the dump tube either but from more up by the valve)
3) check vacuum line routing to verify its optimal
4) find cause of compressor surge (from what I can figure). Blow off sound doesn't sound right. BOV is an un circulated turbonetics BOV. has 2 ports, only one hooked up which I read isn't a huge deal but may delay BOV opening/closing.

I was considering RSP motor sports so did some web browsing and found this forum. So far the feelings of RSP motor sports are mixed I would say. I'm hoping more people have went as this original thread is 5 years old.

Any body else with more recent experiences?
Also specifically, any body else experience them with hondata and tuning a honda?

Lastly any other opinions on where to get work done? I live down in Norfolk county close to Port Rowan (south of london about 1 hour)

OK Mattsnoozer if I were you DO NOT take your car to RSP Motorsports...they will rob you blind and NOT stand behind their workmanship or parts...if you value your vehicle find someone else to look at it.....
Old 10-23-2015, 05:04 PM
mattsnoozer
2nd Gear

Default Thanks.

So would you recommend any other place to tune a honda with hondata?
Old 10-23-2015, 05:32 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,115 Likes on 797 Posts

I know of a local guy with a very recent experience with them , he is not on Rennlist. All will say is he called for a recommendation as his car was not fixed after a year and he is running out of money.

BTW I recommended Zorro.

But I don't think they would do a Honda tune.. probably on the wrong forum for that.

Quick Reply: RSP Motorsports - feedback?