Notices

R.I.D.E program

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 04:40 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,170 Likes on 838 Posts
Default R.I.D.E program

You always have to be carefull out there .. exited the highway at about 11 last night and the ramp was totally blocked with cops.... Phew ... fortunately I had nothing stronger to drink than perrier .!! just be carefull out there.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Sputter
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had heard it was the drink of choice in Cambridge.

Originally Posted by theiceman
You always have to be carefull out there .. exited the highway at about 11 last night and the ramp was totally blocked with cops.... Phew ... fortunately I had nothing stronger to drink than perrier .!! just be carefull out there.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Yep.scares the hell outa me, that. Luckily, I live downtown and always take a cab if I am going out for a meal and wine. I hit a RIDE block on Richmond St one day...at noon!. You just can't be too careful.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

i dont drink, but the studies show that if you drink Modrately (1-3 Glass per Day) it prevents you from Gaining Weight... and keeps you on a Permenent Buzz
Old 03-09-2010, 06:30 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
Perrier huh? Hanging around us french guys is having an effect on you. Next you'll be smoking cigars after a good meal of steak tartare!
Old 03-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 340 Likes on 245 Posts

Those f-ers are sneaky.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

So then how did my french heritage just buy me a one-way ticket to expensive wines and single malts?
Old 03-09-2010, 08:36 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Christien
So then how did my french heritage just buy me a one-way ticket to expensive wines and single malts?
and mine, drinking anything as long as it makes you feel good.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Perrier huh? Hanging around us french guys is having an effect on you. Next you'll be smoking cigars after a good meal of steak tartare!
have yet to try tartar here, but found some epic steak places.
BAC law in quebec is still .08 but luckily i'm walking distance from pub district.

I've seen some just redonculous stuff. Example: ride point on the onramp at avenue and 401. A guy sees the checkpoint so he decides to reverse down avenue road away from it instead of taking the onramp. Clearly not suspicious at all...
Old 03-10-2010, 07:35 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Christien:
I have been collecting wine for years and have 3000 bottles....cars and wine do not mix. sadly. I think if I win the lottery I will get a driver and a Maybach 62 for a month , and take some cruises in the back with a few servings of '89 Krug. My wife would prefer that to the doubtful comforts of a GT3 which is the dentist's friend every time you hit a bump.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:15 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronan
Christien:
I have been collecting wine for years and have 3000 bottles....cars and wine do not mix. sadly. I think if I win the lottery I will get a driver and a Maybach 62 for a month , and take some cruises in the back with a few servings of '89 Krug. My wife would prefer that to the doubtful comforts of a GT3 which is the dentist's friend every time you hit a bump.
Can I be your friend?
Old 03-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronan
Christien:
We've just started our collection over the last few years - mostly bottles from the Niagara wineries, the nicer stuff that's not available through the LCBO. A couple from the LCBO Vintages section. But at the rate we're going, we won't see 3000 until we're about 150 years old We used to do Niagara tasting tours a couple times a year before kids, but now we're lucky if we do it once a year. Maybe we should pick up the pace a bit...

Where do you keep 3000 bottles? Do you have room in your basement, or do you use one of those facilities I've read about?
Old 03-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

i keep about 1200 at home, rest in CA and NY. Mainly US, France and Port.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Speaking of Police road blocks... I recall getting off the north bound 400 ramp to Steeles Ave last spring - the one that goes under an over pass as it goes down a small slope and as I turn into the bend still going the highway speed - WHOA - about four OPP crusiers with around six cars pulled over drivers right and an officer POINTING at ME as I'm nailing the brakes. Didn't see if he was shaking his finger at me or pointing for me to pull over as I slowed down to about 40Km as I went past everyone and... kept going. Figured if he wanted me he could come after me if he was pointing me in. If he was waving his finger to slow down - well I did that right? I figure all P Cars LOOK fast as the default setting anyway but it just goes to show that even though it was a seatbelt check - it could have been a RIDE check - so you never know. Best policy is cab it, get a DD to drive you or stay home and drink I say.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Steve Martin
Pro

With the ride progam being out there for what,,,5,000,000 years now. I'm still suprized that people are still drinking and driving!! And to the extent that they are being charged with having a B.A.L. of 2,3,and 4 times the legal limit?

And this new hands free law, the 50 over rule and DWI. I wonder which one has had the most tickets/convictions per time period. meaning. back when DWI first came out was the rate of offences/charges after one year, two years...... fast as the 50 over rule after one year, two years.... Then, about this new hands free law, how fast do you think the rate of offences/charges will be???

Quick Reply: R.I.D.E program