Notices

Found out today 10% discount on Porsche parts is no longer offered to PCNA members.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by jumper5836
oil sender unit & A/C stuff. As well as the running board and mud flap on the passenger side.
why dotn you contact Suncoast and have the parts shipped across the border and go pick them up, and have Autowerks or some other Indy install it... But if you get it done at Pfaff you get 2 years Warranty

Originally Posted by Turbodan
wasn't that just after the doughnut session in the parking lot at Mosport?
Yuppers Geoff has Video Evidence
Old 02-18-2010, 02:29 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

In this case I want the warranty.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Damn, that's one pricey donut!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 04:27 PM
aron in toronto
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Suncoast for parts for me after Pfaff told me they don't offer the PCA discount on parts. I'm not sure why some are or were getting the discount and some weren't. I must have pissed someone off. I couldn't even get a coffee when I had my car in for service. My service advisor told me they don't offer coffee for customers and the nearest coffee was at the Timmies 20 min away on foot. I was pretty surprised when I returned and the showroom receptionist pointed out the cappuccino machine in the lounge area. I guess I wasn’t giving my SA a big enough tip.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Why the hell do people tolerate that crap and still deal with Pfaff? I just don't get it.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:21 PM
aron in toronto
Pro

I don't.
Haven't been back in over 5 years.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:42 PM
MattAu
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny, when I was at Downtown getting my touch up paint and clear side market lights, they told me no PCA discount. So I asked Pfaff and they told me no as well. I guess my order was too small, less than $80 IIRC.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by aron in toronto
...I must have pissed someone off. I couldn't even get a coffee when I had my car in for service. My service advisor told me they don't offer coffee for customers and the nearest coffee was at the Timmies 20 min away on foot. I was pretty surprised when I returned and the showroom receptionist pointed out the cappuccino machine in the lounge area. I guess I wasn’t giving my SA a big enough tip.
... its your own fault, you asked for regular cofee.. you didn't ask for the expensive cofee

I think they get a commission on part sales... .
Old 02-20-2010, 04:47 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,114 Likes on 796 Posts

i don't think it's fair to zook to post ANY of these activities here ... it is his business ..
Old 03-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

mud flap on the passenger side.
Hey Greg did you already get this Part? Are you talkign about the Little Lip on teh Front Of the Fender? I just replaced my Liner today and it came with teh Parts... You can have my Flap, i dont need it...
Old 03-03-2010, 12:59 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Zookie everything was done yesterday, ended up replacing the whole wheel well liner.
Actually I was very surprised today when I went it to get it, instead of 2300 they first told me it was 1300 taxes in.
They quoted me for a almost $1000 painted lower runner board which ended up being only $200 since mine is not painted, and the wiper blade cap they said was $80 ended up being 2.50c.
After all the good news and starting up it with no blue smoke, I was feeling good. Oil sensor must have been the issue causing the smoke. Oil pressure sensor seemed to work before fine but bounced around a lot, now its dead steady. That or the new catalytic converters.
When I drove it home it felt a lot stronger then what I was used to and a lot quieter. Lots of power at 4k in 4th gear. I don't know but it was way stronger not seat in your pant feeling, I drive it daily and just know how it was feeling. Maybe the cats with the extra back pressure fixed it, don't know for sure maybe less back pressure if the cats were blocking it.
Then while I parked in the garage and couldn't hear that awful rattle from the cats I was pretty damn happy with my 996.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:04 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

im glad it all worked out for you... $80 for a Cap? who is smoking what? i want some...
Old 03-04-2010, 07:34 PM
orangem
Advanced

umh... i got the 10% discount with both Pfaff and Downtown before. Though that was 4 months ago. I think it is only for parts though.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:40 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Zookie everything was done yesterday, ended up replacing the whole wheel well liner.
Actually I was very surprised today when I went it to get it, instead of 2300 they first told me it was 1300 taxes in.
They quoted me for a almost $1000 painted lower runner board which ended up being only $200 since mine is not painted, and the wiper blade cap they said was $80 ended up being 2.50c.
After all the good news and starting up it with no blue smoke, I was feeling good. Oil sensor must have been the issue causing the smoke. Oil pressure sensor seemed to work before fine but bounced around a lot, now its dead steady. That or the new catalytic converters.
When I drove it home it felt a lot stronger then what I was used to and a lot quieter. Lots of power at 4k in 4th gear. I don't know but it was way stronger not seat in your pant feeling, I drive it daily and just know how it was feeling. Maybe the cats with the extra back pressure fixed it, don't know for sure maybe less back pressure if the cats were blocking it.
Then while I parked in the garage and couldn't hear that awful rattle from the cats I was pretty damn happy with my 996.
Happy to hear they took good care of you!
Old 06-05-2011, 10:42 AM
jasonintoronto
Burning Brakes

old thread, but DFC honored the parts discount yesterday.

Quick Reply: Found out today 10% discount on Porsche parts is no longer offered to PCNA members.