Notices

GTA EXOTICS + AFFINITY car rental

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Mitch Robinson
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought I would add my experience with GTA exotics...
* I just got back from this place and what a horrible experience! I got this gift card for christmas from my wife who found a deal on wagjag. I scheduled appointments which kept getting canceled because the R8 I wanted to drive was "in the shop" for weeks on end.
Eventually I got an appointment for today and drove down to Oakville from Guelph (1 hour). Upon opening the door to the scuzzy building, I was met with a dirty look from the receptionist. I though wtf? Is this the wrong place? Then went outside to check the sign.
I went back in with my family to inform her that I was there for my appointment@11. She got her back up immediately and said, "You were told to be here at 8 or the car was going to be gone!" when we started to get irritated she said, "i heard him talking to you on the phone." Which was a lie. When we started to talk to her, she put her hand up to us and said we had to talk to the owner.
We called wagjag and got our money back. I couldn't believe how rude she was.
We left and drove back to Guelph.*
Apparently he had an opportunity to make more money than I was paying and rented the car out from under me. After returning home I checked my messages, emails, and call log. He never contacted me.
Upon researching this business I found negative feedback after negative feedback. Well except the ones clearly written by the business owner lol!
This is my experience and my advice is, never do business with these people. It's sad because on the way home all I could think of was how much more awesome I could run a business like that.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:25 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...last-post.html
Old 06-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Mitch Robinson
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw that! Absolutely disgusting that someone would take advantage of a charitable function. Not surprising after reading some reviews.
Btw, sorry for the less than ideal first post, but I found this thread in a google search and thought I should add to it.
Unfortunately this experience has turned me off of renting an exotic from anyone. Too bad because the R8 is my dream car and I was really looking forward to driving it. Oh well.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 85 Posts

I would have to say that my experience was opposite. Went to the Oakville location (was a little rough looking) and my wife and I had the Lambo and F360 Spider for their 1/2 hr test drive. Owner and his wife were friendly and receptive. The young fellows that went with us as chaperones were nice, they let us wail on the cars a bit and also let us switch cars part way through so we each had a chance to try both. To just rent one to take yourself for the day is too crazy expensive for me for what you get, this short drive was enough to scratch the itch for me and was much more economical.

Quick Reply: GTA EXOTICS + AFFINITY car rental