Notices

A bad day in court .....

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Ontario's Dermerit Point System? Who wrote that? A pre-schooler?
Old 12-22-2009, 09:37 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,115 Likes on 797 Posts

that's our government at work folks ....
Old 12-22-2009, 09:48 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 522 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
Do you know of him?
yeah, you referred him to me...he came by said my trial 12 months 25 days after offence date was a slam dunk 11b (or whatever)... I called him many times to confirm that paperwork was filed properly, finally he confirmed...went to trial (he asked me to be there) he called me to say his other court business was delayed so he is sending a representative (that he said is better than himself) and that we will ask for another trial date as he was not available, unless his rep thought it was a slam dunk. guess what 11b was rejected and guy wanted to procede (but said no slam dunk), I said ask for another trial, which we did. got trial in May. not sure if he is competent or not, but he also is a ticket scalper (makes me lose faith in his ablility), and is not very proficient with computers or email or returning calls so who knows. and the ticket is for doing 61 in a 50 on Lawrence ave near allen rd...I wondered why the cop pulled me over (I thought it was a 60 zone). oh well back to driving like a granny. I remember few years ago every time I would drive it like it was stolen! ah the good old days.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:51 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 303 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
yeah, you referred him to me...he came by said my trial 12 months 25 days after offence date was a slam dunk 11b (or whatever)... I called him many times to confirm that paperwork was filed properly, finally he confirmed...went to trial (he asked me to be there) he called me to say his other court business was delayed so he is sending a representative (that he said is better than himself) and that we will ask for another trial date as he was not available, unless his rep thought it was a slam dunk. guess what 11b was rejected and guy wanted to procede (but said no slam dunk), I said ask for another trial, which we did. got trial in May. not sure if he is competent or not, but he also is a ticket scalper (makes me lose faith in his ablility), and is not very proficient with computers or email or returning calls so who knows. and the ticket is for doing 61 in a 50 on Lawrence ave near allen rd...I wondered why the cop pulled me over (I thought it was a 60 zone). oh well back to driving like a granny. I remember few years ago every time I would drive it like it was stolen! ah the good old days.
Sorry Dan.
He did sound very confident with me, as he did to you it seems.
I guess I'll be taking him off of my x-mas list.
I strongly advise you seek better councel for your May court date.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Dan arent you with my Paralegal?
Old 12-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 522 Likes on 391 Posts

I met him and for the 11b I went with Sean as I thought it was a simple process and he is much cheaper. Zook, I am sure your guy is very good, but much more expensive. I plan to use him on a bigger one from the summer..I think he wants like $800 for it though, so I may go for the first trial and ask for adjournment, and then bring him in unless cop doesn't show up.

Quick Reply: A bad day in court .....