MY 993 is SOLD!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy MY 993 is SOLD!

As most you know I have had my car up for sale. This sale has been a very stressful experience. I'll do a quick point form story. The bottom line is that my car is sold to a great guy at a reasonable price point.

1) The car was sold within a few days of listing and a deposit of $1000 recieved.

2) On the day of pick up the buyer tries to come short on funds and long on stories. I gave him back his deposit and slammed the door in his face.

3) I sold the car once again getting a $500 deposit. Never heard from the buyer again. I tried to call, phone was disconnected and ni email response.

4) Two very, very serious local PCA members wanted to buy my car. They called me every other day saying they will come to see the car. This dragged on for two weeks. Nothing ... Just time wasters

5) A rennlister offers me 60% of my reduced asking price. Not! I am so tempted to post the name since he stated that his offer was fair.

6) I sell the car to the new owner at a very reasonable price. No BS no Games and no stories. Just a very careful purchaser. Pick up in one week.

7) A few days later I get a call from an upset PCA guy who has seen my car 3 weeks ago saying that he was serious about buying my car and now will offer me $2500 more for my car. ( he refused to leave a deposit or sign a contract when he saw my car). What a turkey. I gave him the tough beans speech. I was really tempted though.

8) That buyer trains it in from Ottawa last Sat. and we made it to the MTO with 1 min to spare before they closed for the weekend.

The End

PS. The number one Bull Poop price negotiation story was "the weak economy"

My number one response was " If the Economy is so bad then why the hell are you buying a Porsche?"
Old 09-21-2009, 05:55 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,142 Likes on 816 Posts

5 , as buyer and seller what seams fair to one is not often fair to the other , you should not be insulted by this, and just understand it is part of negotiation.
7. money talks bull walks ...PCA'er should have his act in gear ...

Glad you got her sold and you can turn down the stress level a few notches ,
Old 09-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 403 Posts

congrats
now tell us what you took out ...seats, wheels exhaust.
and are you keeping the waterpumper or looking for a yellow or white air cooled turbo?
very happy that things have worked out for you.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:18 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

he is the only guy I know who sold his car AND parted it out
Old 09-21-2009, 09:26 PM
skruggs964
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The low km's really helped it. I've been watching one locally for just under $30k but a lot more miles and not a Canadian car.

Congrats!
Old 09-21-2009, 11:57 PM
ekam
Drifting

Received 509 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedyellow993
My number one response was " If the Economy is so bad then why the hell are you buying a Porsche?"
That'll shut their pie hole!
Old 09-22-2009, 12:21 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 339 Likes on 245 Posts

What a bunch of tools! The economy has nothing to do with it. Either you have the dough or you don't. I hate time wasters just as much as you do.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:46 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

these PCA'ers....
Old 09-22-2009, 04:19 AM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad that you are through the whole ordeal. As for the turkeys out there.... the way that they treated you will all come back to haunt them one day. We all reap what we sow. Now you can take a deep breath, relax and then slowly move on to the next project. Best of luck with the next phase.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:06 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

okay .. just for the record ..... I was NOT the guy who offered Al a " fair offer "

but I did make a guy a kind of insulting offer on his 915 gearbox ... he said he wanted rid of it and i would have a 9 hour drive to go get it .. so to me it was fair .. he was really nice about it actually and said he ws not willing to let it go that low yet but would keep my info just in case . i was good with that ..
Old 09-22-2009, 12:22 PM
1 PGH 1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats.
Buying a car is lots of fun, selling is most often not. Glad you got it done at a fair price, particularly this late in the season.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:25 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts

Re. point number 7, by "really tempted" I'm not sure what you mean, but if you mean tempted to go for his higher offer and leave the other buyer high and dry, than good on you for resisting.

I once was interested in a 944S at “Shift into Spring” at Pfaff motors that was for sale. I spent time looking the car over etc and then when I was happy I offered the guy to buy it for his asking price – I would leave a deposit right there and then and go get the rest of the money that day. He said “OK” and I was literally handing the deposit money to him when another guy who was listening butted in and asked to have a word with the car owner on the side. They move off to the side and start talking and my spider sense starts going into overdrive. I knew what was likely happening. Sure enough, the owner came back and said the other guy was offering $200 more than his asking and so, sorry, he wasn’t going to sell it to me… He didn’t even ask if I would counter (not that I would – not because of the money, but because of what I felt was sheer classlessness). I had been so respectful to this guy, so I could not believe his attitude. Yes, there was no written contract and yes, the money was still in my hand the second the other guy butted in, but I still felt it was a very poor way to conduct a sale. I have been in the exact same situation where, as the seller, I went ahead with a prior agreed sale despite having a better offer after that agreement. It is just what is honorable IMO. Good on you for rising above it! Good Karma will compensate you for much more than that $2500.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:32 PM
trickydisco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by amjf088
Good Karma will compensate you for much more than that $2500.
Maybe... but the stage would def be set for BAD-Karma, had Al dropped
the original Agreement in favour of a $2500 incentive. The car
was already sold.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 403 Posts

About 5 years ago I drove out to London to see an Audi A6 which was a good price. I drove 2 hours each way and made a deal with the guy "handshake", he didn't want a deposit and said he was a businessman (had a nice house, kids 2 cars etc) and then he backed out of the deal. what a scumbag. I have had numerous sales where another buyer offered more than the guy I sold car to and I just passed on the number to the other guy. I sleep well at night. we only have one reputation and it is worth being decent to uphold. I am always a man of my word. many are not...especially some car dealers, some lawyers and some others...sorry for the rant
Old 09-22-2009, 08:11 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate selling Porsches... I usually start at a very fair price. I end up wasting so much time with weirdos, I get frustrated, raise the price by 15%, and sell it within 2 days to a nice guy. Same process 3 times... I hate selling cars, so many wackos...

Quick Reply: MY 993 is SOLD!