Notices

Is there a difference between 'Luck' or 'Fate'?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 01:35 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Is there a difference between 'Luck' or 'Fate'?

I'm not sure but a case in point: Yoda at back of garage blocked in by the 650 without key in it and the steering locked and Mazda 5 behind all of those. Nothing behind the Porsche's garage door and pressed for time I take the Porsche to work today which I normally don't do.

Driving through wilds of Halton at the speed limit (70K) no less as Porsche's seem to be radar magnets out here - a bull dog tears along the side of the road to my right and then turns 90 degreees and DARTS left into the path of me and stops in the middle of my lane. I'm already hard on the brakes to the point where the ABS is kicking back at me and I stop with about 5 feet to spare looking at this stuipd animal.

I honk the horn and NOW he runs away. <shaking head> It felt like it only took 10 feet to stop I might add - my sunglasses flew off my head and bounced off the windshield. Thanks Porsche!

Had the motorcycle and the other car not blocked me in; had I not been running late; had it been the Toyota - this dog would be dead right now.

Lucky or Fate?
Old 08-24-2009, 01:53 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

That is one fast dog.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:16 PM
99three
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was the guardian anywhere? Glad you and the dog are ok.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:41 PM
IHATECLAIMS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fate

Lucky Dog...glad both OK and you got to test out the Porsche brakes in a real situation....

I also have a Mazda 5 that my wife loves..but 1 of the negatives from day 1 has been the brakes..if you were in that..bye bye doggie!

Quick Reply: Is there a difference between 'Luck' or 'Fate'?