Notices

Dunville closed

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:12 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Because Fantino's a rambo ******** who's only interested in posturing and making money. Plain and simple.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Christien
Because Fantino's a rambo ******** who's only interested in posturing and making money. Plain and simple.
LOL

No job for you at the UN!
Old 08-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been trading emails with Jim Kenzie on this - hopefully we'll see some coverage of the story. Might be too late to save Dunville - but perhaps we can lubricate the way for new tracks to be built with enough coverage? Downsview anyone? Please???

RK
Old 08-26-2009, 06:11 PM
webbie
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMB Decision
http://www.omb.gov.on.ca/e-decisions...ug-17-2009.pdf

And look at the opposition list on page 7. Pretty sad.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:09 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm a little concerned that Neale Armstrong from TMP spoke in opposition to the Dunnville application. There was very little in the decision text about his evidence, except to say that TMP had to shut down for a year to address noise violations, and Dunnville should have to do the same. Fair enough, shouldn't he then be speaking in support of Dunnville?

I really hope this isn't basically trying to sabotage a competitor.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:21 AM
Touge.ca
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 88 951S
I guess the locals will just complain about airplane noise from the AIRPORT now. This reminds of the people who move close to train tracks and then complain about the noise from the trains.
those locals should try living in those busy cities like new york, hk, tokyo, right beside the JRailway, MTRailways....etc. when they back to Dunnville, they won't have complains anymore =D
Old 09-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

This reminds me of the 'noise' protests by the Parkdale groups around the very first running of the Molson Indy in 1986. There was all this doom and gloom and oh my god how will we be able to sit outside our house and enjoy the area (LOL!!) etc, etc, etc.

When they did sound testing that first weekend from several areas they found they couldn't hear the sound of the race cars over the sound of the GO trains and the traffic on the Gardner!! They offered free bus trips out of town to the area residents to a park for each day and 5 people took it on the Friday and a couple the next day and then on race day - none. The next year the buses on stand by - sat there empty. It was all about nothing. All that 'noise stress' was street cars and ratty POS Honda Civic's with aftermarket mufflers.

CMP is having issues with residents but at least tried to work with them. They can't run 'pro' events at their track only lapping days and one regional race, although I don't know how they got around the issue of this years Castral super bike race because it IS a pro series.

They have a noise limit of under 100db I believe for the region race cars and 75db for others that they test with a handheld unit while people are running.

Contrast that with Mosport that had cars last weekend at well over 115db and who give away free tickets to events to any area resident within 5k of the track and give hiring perference to their neighbours as well. The people cutting the grass, doing the electrical work, working in the restaurant, painting etc all live around the track. I think it's called co-opting.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 516 Likes on 385 Posts

some people just have nothing better to do than complain.
this year there was a bicycle race at Calabogie...residents complained about noise...lol
stupid...stupid....thank god for Mosport!

Quick Reply: Dunville closed