Mechanic Needed in Okanagan or South BC

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 04:47 AM
Yosek
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mechanic Needed in Okanagan or South BC

Hey Guys,

I'm in need of a reliable Porsche Mechanic in the Okanagan or the South of BC. My current mechanic, while he is good, is a bit disorganized and can't find the time to do any work. I want someone who is reputable, and who can take clients when they need something done. I don't like 3 months of asking "Can I get my car in this week?" only to hear, "Yeah, call back on Monday and we'll see where we're at".

Any help, or suggestions would help me out. Thanks.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:06 AM
Kevin Weidlich
Advanced

+1

I am in the same boat. I usually deal with South Centre Porsche in Calgary but I think I need somebody a little closer.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:38 PM
Yosek
Track Day

Originally Posted by Kevin Weidlich
+1

I am in the same boat. I usually deal with South Centre Porsche in Calgary but I think I need somebody a little closer.
It's frustrating because if you're not living in a major city centre, anyone outside of the LMD will have to be prepared to travel at least 5 hours. I've just booked in an appointment at Kelowna BMW for a service next week. The service advisor gets her Boxster serviced there, and they've always appeared to be professional and courteous. I'm willing to give them a shot @ $125 an hour *outch*. I'll report how it went when after I get my car back.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Kevin Weidlich
Advanced

Sounds good Yosek, let me know how it goes.

Cheers
Old 08-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Yosek
Track Day

I'm not impressed. Here's the quick story:

I woke up at 06:30 to get my car to Kelowna BMW for my appointment at 08:15. I dropped the car off, and went for some breakfast in the meanwhile. One hour later, I arrive back at the dealership and I'm looking at the showroom cars. The service advisor walks up to me and tells me that the parts had not arrived, and it took the shop an hour to figure that out. I exclaimed that it would have been nice of them to let me know before I wasted my time, money, and gas to get to the dealership only to find that they didn't have the parts. *No I wasn't charged for the hour in the shop*

The frustrating part is that I had made the appointment eight days earlier to give them time to bring in the parts. Needless to say, I'm not impressed. How hard can it be to get some brakes done? I've been asking around (believe me I've been pounding that pavement) with angst to have my brake pads replaced since May, and nobody has the time, or wants to touch Porsche's. I'm at my wits end here. I'm thinking it's time for me to learn on my own. Brakes can't be that hard to do. I'm going to throw in the towel here.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:19 PM
clickman
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

If your brakes are as easy to do as the Boxster, you'd be silly to not do them yourself! My first investment was in a Bentley manual, and there are lots of great DIY sites and forums out there.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:28 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

look up SCAN Automotive in B.C.
not sure where they are, but i've heard nothing but good things about em.

Quick Reply: Mechanic Needed in Okanagan or South BC