Notices

M96 in the news.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Sputter
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M96 in the news.

Anyone catch the news last night or maybe the night before regarding a Boxster?
A friend was saying that fellow bought a Boxster from a Chrysler dealer with low milage and the engine grenaded. I guess it must have made the local news due to the fact he's taking Porsche on.

I couldn't find it by searching the Star. I'm just interested in the details as most of us know about the IMS issue that pops up in the M96 engines.

Jim
Old 06-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

I heard about a class action lawsuit a few months ago that someone was trying to get together. It listed the D chunking, coolent bottle, IMS and seal issues and that Porsche *knowingly* sold defective engines and replaced engines with 'rebuilt' engines therefore lowering resale value. I find the latter issue dumb as which one of us wouldn't take the rebuilt unit with the upgrades it comes with??

It will all end with a law firm making millions and the original (not me) owners getting a $1000 dollars off your next new 120K Porsche!!! LOL

If anything, the guy has *maybe* a claim with the selling dealer who could have easily made this right by buying a crate engine from Porsche and going half on the install bill at minimum. But this Chrysler dealer may not be around soon so I guess he figures to take a shot at Porsche before it goes Chapter 11.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:54 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

Chrysler going after Porsche for selling crap ?
now THAT's damn funny..
Old 06-11-2009, 09:09 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
Chrysler going after Porsche for selling crap ?
now THAT's damn funny..
No, the guy bought the car second hand from a Chrysler dealership and the buyer is going after Porsche.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Sputter
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the link. It was CTV.ca It was on their Consumer Alert page.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/consumer/#TopVideoAn
Old 06-12-2009, 07:16 AM
ekam
Drifting

Received 507 Likes on 324 Posts

You can obviously tell Jesus had something to do with it. Look at that painting on the hood.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:36 AM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I find it interesting that nobody has been able to certify a class on the M96 engine issues. Especially considering the number of American lawyers that must have bought these cars. Make of it what you will, but it's obvious that no legal firm considers it a slam-dunk case.

That said, I'm getting my IMS bearing retrofit done this week. Really interested to get the mechanic's feedback after it's in. Neither of us knows of anybody else in Canada who's had it done yet.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:47 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

We were at the UCR get to gether Tuesday night. Apaently we got there just after the "demonstration" ended .. imagine if the two events ahd happened together ?

Quick Reply: M96 in the news.