Notices

Body shop/painter in west GTA

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Receiver
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Body shop/painter in west GTA

I think I'm going to do a respray on my 96 TT this year. Does anybody have any recommendations on a good shop in the west end? Oakville or Burl would be perfect.

Got her on the road on the weekend. She's special.

Thanks.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:32 PM
9 lives
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

when my car got banged up, Mantis suggested that I take it to Budds Collision (across from the Bronte GO Stn) and said that they were the best for high end vehicles in our area. I didn't get to use them (so I can't vouch either way) , but they do have a big, new shop and had lots of 'nice' cars in there being worked on.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Raymond Lum
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

1+

Try calling Bestline Auto Body at 905-760-7444 (Hwy 400 & 7) for a quote. Vito has been in the auto body/paint business for over 35 years and also long time Porsche member.

He looked after my Turbo Cup race car restoration and wife's car.

You will see quite a few nice cars there going for a face lift.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:08 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,140 Likes on 814 Posts

Raymond are you affiliated with bestline ?
Old 04-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Pfaff Autowerks
Old 04-21-2009, 12:06 AM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Bestline fixed up my 911 after I kissed the wall at Mosport. Awesome job - no way you could tell it had been damaged. They had to repair the fender, because they couldn't replace the panel (early flares). Paint match was absolutely perfect. To this day I don't know where the new paint meets the old paint.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:32 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts

Bestline Autobody re-finished my 1985 Carrera. They did it in the original Prussian Blue, and they used Glasurit products, which I feel are amongst the very best.
Vito and his guys did a very good job. I was also particularly impressed with George Borque who did the bulk of the re-assembly work. He has a very thorough knowledge of these cars and is very detail orientated. I don’t have many really clear pics that show the paint well, but here are a few of what I have:

I definitely felt that these guys were thorough, up-front and honest. This can get expensive however, so it is good to get a thorough estimate of the cost and monitor the progress closely. Sometimes “other” things come up, which you would like to take care of while you are in there.

The only item to watch for is timing. Bestline is busy, so my job took longer to complete than anticipated. But the communication was very good and in my case, I was OK for things to drag out a bit. What was very important to me was that no corners were cut.

A+ outfit.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:52 AM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

You should pick a shop that meets your job quality/price requirements, as opposed to one that is located near you (unless they fit your requirements bill). There seems to be a few shops in the city that will be able to do a great job, so pick a few, take a day and get a tour of their facilities and some quotes. Then you can choose which shop best suits your needs.

I personally have had good luck with PFAFF Autowerks, but I have nothing to compare it to as I have not had body work done anywhere else.

Good luck!
Old 04-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Receiver
Rennlist Member

Thanks for your help guys. There is no body repair to be done, just a respray. The car came from Arizona and the front bumper and hood looks like it has been sand blasted from desert driving.

What will be most important to me will be the paint match (midnight blue). I'm also not going to want to be without the car for an extended period of time so I'll need to be careful with that aspect.

I have heard that Budd's is good and I'll look at Bestline and Pfaff Autowerkes.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

My advice is to give the job the time necessary to have a good job done and don't shop for the best price. As you can see there is plenty of support for Bestline. I can also say that very few shops can do dark colours really well. Best of luck and please let the rest of us know how you made out. BTW I'd say that you are looking at about 5 working days for the job. - Glenn
Old 04-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Receiver
Rennlist Member

I called Bestline and spoke to Vito. I'm going to try and take it to him on Sat for a quote.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:54 AM
trickydisco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Domenic @ Autowerks once mentionned Collision Networks

http://www.collisionnetworks.ca/contact.htm

I haven't any experience with them, but perhaps someone else has
Old 04-22-2009, 06:50 AM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Has anyone tried Legendary motors? http://www.legendarymotorcar.com
Old 04-22-2009, 10:22 AM
1 PGH 1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Prochilo Brothers in the east end (Midwest Ave.) works on high end cars, including "p"s. Last year they resprayed my front bumper and painted/installed my Mk 11 sideskirts - perfect job. They advertise in Provinz. Frank there owns a 993.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

That's good to know

Quick Reply: Body shop/painter in west GTA