Notices

Cool police officer

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 02:09 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cool police officer

We often hear about the bad police officers, but today, I came across yet another cool officer. I was driving west on King St. just west of University and this police SUV pulled up behind me.

I was driving like I always do, like a grandma, when he pulled up next to me and rolled down his window. I thought oh-oh, did I forget to put a tag on or something.

When I rolled the window down, he asked me to rev the engine I obliged, he smiled, said thanks and we were on our way.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:51 AM
swbatte
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is Highly Satisfactory!

A customs officer did that for me. Rolled up, the US customs agent had his gun on his hip, asked me all the usual questions deadpanned. Once he was done, he leaned out the window of the booth, and said "cool car - rev her up!"

I drove away smiling cause it made a hell of a racket under the shelter area!
Old 04-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

My bother in law is a metro officer (I won't tell you the DIV) and unless you are a real mence or clearly a danger he gives warnings when he can to Porsche owners he stops. Why? He owns a Targa.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:24 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm moving to Metro, RH cops ain't very friendly.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Zeeman28a
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That never happens to me. It's more likely they'll have their guns drawn and yelling at me to get out of the car.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 522 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a
That never happens to me. It's more likely they'll have their guns drawn and yelling at me to get out of the car.
I thought that was standard operating procedure for pulling over vettes
Old 04-01-2009, 07:15 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Pro

Man ... this was a pretty boring "April Fools Day" thread ... you P-Guy's have got to get more creative!
Old 04-01-2009, 07:31 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,115 Likes on 797 Posts

Greg got everybody acouple of years ago on the release of the I = Phone .. he got everybody hook line and sinker .... especially 2 rennlist " apple huggers "
Old 04-01-2009, 08:06 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

I got handcuffed on my knees in the dirt for running out of gas.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 522 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by jim 7
I got handcuffed on my knees in the dirt for running out of gas.
details please
Old 04-01-2009, 10:02 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Turbodan
details please
It is a story for sure. I would have been good natured about it except my wife and daughter pulled into the parking lot at about that time and despite my wife protestations the officers proceeded as per procedure.

This was in Noval, (Huntsville) outside of the Actic Cat dealer quite a few years ago and I was in the company van (propane powered) on the way to the cottage at South River and was low on fuel with Norval as the final refuel. Unknown to me it closed at 10:00 and I pulled in at 10:15. So what to do? I pulled into a parking area with bright lighting and called my wife asking her to drive down the 45 mins to get me. In the wait a lady pulled in and sensing a situation I spoke with her and explained the situation. She apparently did not believe me and called 911 saying a guy with a gun (my cell phone) was stalking her.

Oblivious to what was about to happen I waited in the van. Shortly 2 OPP cars roared into the parking lot with all lights on and stopped about 20 m in front of me. GET OUT OF THE VAN WITH YOUR HANDS UP. WALK BACKWARDS AND GET ON YOUR KNEES. Thats when my wife and daughter drove up.

Obviously, this is a mistake. my problem with the coppers to this day is their response immediately afterward. They persisted and did not remove the cuffs until they exhausted all possibilities of wrongdoing, including, was the phone charger a radar detection device?

Rarely have I been as angry. The following day I visited the detachment and in my most innocent way asked who was on duty the previous night and asked to speak with the sergeant on duty. I got all the info and found in fact that the women called it as a weapon threat. It turns out that the ARCTIC CAT place had been broken into three times previously.

In any case I pursued the matter and got letter of apology from the OPP.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:37 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

It is a story for sure. I would have been good natured about it except my wife and daughter pulled into the parking lot at about that time and despite my wife protestations the officers proceeded as per procedure.

This was in Noval, (Huntsville) outside of the Actic Cat dealer quite a few years ago and I was in the company van (propane powered) on the way to the cottage at South River and was low on fuel with Norval as the final refuel. Unknown to me it closed at 10:00 and I pulled in at 10:15. So what to do? I pulled into a parking area with bright lighting and called my wife asking her to drive down the 45 mins to get me. In the wait a lady pulled in and sensing a situation I spoke with her and explained the situation. She apparently did not believe me and called 911 saying a guy with a gun (my cell phone) was stalking her.

Oblivious to what was about to happen I waited in the van. Shortly 2 OPP cars roared into the parking lot with all lights on and stopped about 20 m in front of me. GET OUT OF THE VAN WITH YOUR HANDS UP. WALK BACKWARDS AND GET ON YOUR KNEES. Thats when my wife and daughter drove up.

Obviously, this is a mistake. my problem with the coppers to this day is their response immediately afterward. They persisted and did not remove the cuffs until they exhausted all possibilities of wrongdoing, including, was the phone charger a radar detection device?

Rarely have I been as angry. The following day I visited the detachment and in my most innocent way asked who was on duty the previous night and asked to speak with the sergeant on duty. I got all the info and found in fact that the women called it as a weapon threat. It turns out that the ARCTIC CAT place had been broken into three times previously.

You should have also gotten a wad of cash for doing that too you.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:40 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

**** happens.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:07 AM
Zeeman28a
Racer

Originally Posted by Turbodan
I thought that was standard operating procedure for pulling over vettes
It is when they finally get me to stop.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:49 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Jim,

I noticed you posted this story on April fools. So what's the deal? Did this really happen or what...lol?

Quick Reply: Cool police officer