Notices

May 8th Rennlist Day at Calabogie Details and Sign Up

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009 | 01:13 AM
brucegre
Banned

Default Details and lets get some friends out!

I just PM'd everyone who wants to run with the details, post here, or PM me or email me if any questions. And, time to start spreading the word with our fellow Rennlisters - let's get a few more p-cars out for an early day!

The facility will be in great shape for the day, the new clubhouse building will be up and running (check the construction blog on the website), and the the track is perfect. I'll be out on it this week, my partner ran there two weekends ago, so at least we won't have snow problems.
Old 04-06-2009 | 03:27 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

Hi Bruce, I've sent your invite out to my group of trackheads and will let you know how many confirm. I'll sign up as soon as I get back from Vancouver later this week and have a chance to price out accommodations. I'm thinking of turning this into a weekend vacation
Old 04-07-2009 | 11:56 AM
Silver C
Advanced

Just completed the booking.

A post in the PCA UCR forum might get a few more as they aren't doing the Calabogie this year??
Old 04-09-2009 | 11:35 AM
MikeB 81SC
Instructor

Just completed the booking. For those of you who have never been to Calabogie.....you've got to come. Go on their web site and check out the on track videos. The track just seems to go on forever, the elevation changes are great, the straights are nice and loooong and the scenery is great. Add to that the drive to the track once you head off the 401 is great.

Take a day off work and treat yourself...you deserve it and your car needs some exercise!
Old 04-09-2009 | 11:44 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Originally Posted by MikeB 81SC
Just completed the booking. For those of you who have never been to Calabogie.....you've got to come. Go on their web site and check out the on track videos. The track just seems to go on forever, the elevation changes are great, the straights are nice and loooong and the scenery is great. Add to that the drive to the track once you head off the 401 is great.

Take a day off work and treat yourself...you deserve it and your car needs some exercise!
+1

My friend, an automotive journalist, was just in California. His exact quote, "Sears Point (Infineon) has nothing on Calabogie."
Old 04-13-2009 | 12:40 PM
brucegre
Banned

Hey guys, let's get a few more cars out for the day - it's getting warm and sunny, we should be in great shape by the 8th.

As a reminder, for anyone who wants to turn it into more than one day, there is a lapping weekend running the two days following the Rennlist day so you can make the trip a multi day event if you want.
Old 04-23-2009 | 07:53 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

I'm all paid up and will be attending!! Can't wait! Now, I have to go study youtube videos of the track layout...
Old 04-23-2009 | 07:55 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

PS Bruce, the price charged came in at $315 instead of $295. Not sure if that's due to fees or an error in the billing system.
Old 04-25-2009 | 03:45 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fc-racer
PS Bruce, the price charged came in at $315 instead of $295. Not sure if that's due to fees or an error in the billing system.
GST I suspect... and then Bruce has rounded it off to and even number, then backs it out.
Old 04-30-2009 | 09:27 PM
EX1K
Intermediate

I'm all paid up and will be attending!! Can't wait! Now, I have to go study youtube videos of the track layout...
All, check out Race-DV for great in car video of CMP.

http://www.racedv.com/Tracks/Search....S=Most%20Views

Chris
Old 05-03-2009 | 11:55 PM
brucegre
Banned

Hey Farz, sorry about that, it's the system we use, and as Peter said we have to back everything out when we set the price in the system, some miscommunication on my end, I'll settle it with everyone on Friday.
Old 05-04-2009 | 12:01 AM
brucegre
Banned

Just a bump, we've still got lots of room for anyone who wants to run. I instructed all weekend for the MCO/CASC-OR race school, the track is in beautiful shape.
Old 05-06-2009 | 10:37 PM
MikeB 81SC
Instructor

Anyone heading across Toronto on the way to Calabogie tomorrow evening:

If you wants to convoy and/or meet up somewhere for a bite. Drop me a PM tomorrow during the day and we can connect. I'm planning on leaving the downtown core hopefully before 4:00pm to beat the worst of the traffic
Old 05-07-2009 | 12:16 AM
MiataR
Rennlist Member

I was on the track last Friday, and had an absolute blast! Wish I could make it to this track day... you guys are in for a treat. Enjoy!
Old 05-08-2009 | 09:00 PM
acadian_dad
Rennlist Member

Hey Bruce - thanks for organizing a great day ! Calabogie was (as always) a complete and utter blast.

It was nice to put some faces to some of the names from the forum. I'll be down at the PCA UCR DE at Mosport at end of May - so hope to see some of you again then ! I'll be the one in the silver boxster not quite sure where he is on the track !

Quick Reply: May 8th Rennlist Day at Calabogie Details and Sign Up