Notices

Ctek cigarette adaptor

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ctek cigarette adaptor

I did appreciate the post that was left here a few days ago. I purchased a 3300 yesterday and was still able to get it at the sale price of 59.95 Now I am wondering about the cigarette adaptor. Does anyone know which is the correct one to use? There is a new "comfort" adaptor but I am not sure if that will work on my 993. Thanks in advance BTW Anyone bringing their car out of winter storage yet? Cheers - Glenn
Old 03-05-2009, 03:10 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lucky you! I went to Canadian Tire at Yonge and Dundas to try and get one; their inventory system showed that they had it, but nobody in the store could find it.

To say the service was poor would be an understatement. There must have been 6 people behind the counter with only one person working the cash. The pace at which they were working was disgraceful in this economy.

I'm normally a big fan of Canadian Tire, but they regressed my opinion of them significantly with this past experience.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 407 Posts

FC you should try leslie and lakeshore it is a big store, although I don't know if they have it.
Bergamasco: I wouldn't use the cig adapter just go straight to the battery.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:08 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,147 Likes on 821 Posts

Like most stores yo just have to learn the idiosynchracies of each . My CT here in Cambridge has excelent staff in their auto dept, there are some employees there I always go to because they are very knowledhable and will bend over backwards. but if I know I need to go to the checkout for anything I drive to Burlington
The lines get really deep and the employees pretend they don't notice, put their heads down and keep walking. I spend a LOT of time their so am aware of this.

Still i am not sure what I would do without Canadian Tire .. Where else could I possibly hang out with my son if it wasn't for them
Old 03-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same problem with both stores that I visited in Brampton. Everyone was running around like idiots trying to locate what the computer said was in stock. They also carry no accessories for this charger. I have ordered the cigarette adaptor from Ebay (Woody's Custom Shop in California) The adaptor there is $9.95 plus $2.25 for shipping or I found that I could go to Performance Improvements and buy the same thing for $20.99 plus tax. Go figure. I like the idea of the cigarette adaptor. The same idea from Pfaff Motors sells for $164.00 plus tax.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:14 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I used to run the motorsport club in B.C., my Chinese mentor, Patrick Ma once told me,

"Farz, there are two things you should know about money:

1. Never keep someone waiting when they want to give you their money
2. When you count the money in the back, it looks the same no matter who it came from"

I could never understand why stores allow huge line-ups of people. IKEA is an offender too, it's become so bad on the weekends that my friends refuse to go because of the line-ups.

Quick Reply: Ctek cigarette adaptor