Notices

RSP Motorsports New Facility

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 03:26 PM
swbatte
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RSP Motorsports New Facility

I went over to RSP Motorsports today, to check out their new facility. I was given a 'VIP' tour by Renato. First off, it's an impressive facility for an independant.

As you enter they have a very nice showroom, with some impressive hardware for sale and several offices on the side of it. My understanding is that they will seek out the car for you after discussing exactly what you want. They won't carry a large inventory of cars.

They have a huge service bay with 3 main lifts and a 4th off to the side. There's a machine shop, a parts department, car storage facility with a detailing bay, Porsche tuned all wheel drive car dyno with some seriously large fans capable of producing 200kph driving conditions. That is the only one on the East side of this continent apparently. There are exhaust fans being installed to prevent a positive pressure from developing inside. Under the dyno there is a cooling system to prevent heat from the dyno from travelling up to the car being tested.

I saw the engine build room, and engine dyno rom where they can do any kind of tuning or break in engines for customers prior to installation or shipping them. The shop areas have heated floors to keep the cars dry and tidy, and it's all climate controlled.

The facility isn't 100% finished yet, but I was almost surprised to see such a sophisticated facility right here in London. I can't wait for spring now! I was treated very well, and Renato took quite a bit of time to show me around, and he certainly looks busy, by the number of cars in for service, and the fact that he's openned such a large facility!

The background and training of Renato & Stephan certainly seem up for the job of running a facility like theirs.

I didn't take any pictures, but they've upgraded their website and it has a few:

http://www.rspmotorsports.com/index.html
Old 02-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 407 Posts

what track is nearby?
Old 02-26-2009, 04:48 PM
swbatte
Pro

There's a 1.5 mile oval and a dragstrip. Other than that you have to drive to Toronto Motorsports Park & the usual suspects East of Toronto.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:51 AM
Bill N
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Before you get too excited, do yourself a favour and search this board for Renato Fausch.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:54 AM
swbatte
Pro

Originally Posted by Bill N
Before you get too excited, do yourself a favour and search this board for Renato Fausch.
I have seen some of the posts, and one in particular sounds regrettable, but so far his service for my car has been excellent.

Quick Reply: RSP Motorsports New Facility