Finnish driving school, a lesson the MTO should learn

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Finnish driving school, a lesson the MTO should learn

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/T...nen_199772.htm

Finnish driving and rallying, Top Gear Style. But pay attention to the first couple minutes - James May describes driver training in Finland. They take it VERY seriously - SIX lessons on the the skid pad to get your license. This is what we should be doing here, but we'd rather slap draconian fines as a band aid solution rather than solve problems.

Fantino, are you listening? No, of course not, you're making an *** out of yourself trying to defend tasers with some one-off study you refuse to identify that nobody in the media can find anywhere.

WTF is wrong with this province?
Old 02-26-2009, 12:23 PM
webbie
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Again, good find. I think I have done only 3-4 skid pad so far.

Also, I am pissed at Fantino too when I saw that on news. If he is so believed in what he is saying, say that loud like a week after the incident, not after 6 months or so.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Silver C
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Long term studies have shown skid pad training for young males is generally counter productive as it increases confidence not ability!!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweden's the same way - most folks fail on thier first try - VERY hard to pass - only the truly capable are on the roads. It's a great place to drive because of that.

If the oft cited matra was taken seriously at MTO (driving is a privledge, not a right) then only the truly deserving would be on the roads and we'd be a lot safer - moving a lot faster.

RK

Quick Reply: Finnish driving school, a lesson the MTO should learn