Notices

Rennlist Private Day at Calabogie

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009 | 11:08 AM
Mike K.
Rennlist Member

I stayed here last time
http://toronto.nowtoronto.com/Commer...e=oid%3A527803

It has a bar / restaurant and (bonus) petting zoo all in the same complex. Very surprised to see it for sale
Old 02-18-2009 | 06:35 PM
Silver C
Advanced

I'm in - date dependent. Will be the 3rd time for me. Warning for those who haven't been before. Spend time and learn the track before you go. The track site has a good video and track map. It can be confusing first time there, a number of corners have a very similar appearance on entry and a very different exit and there are an awful lot of corners, easy to get lost. Only track where I saw folks with the map stuck to the dash. But boy the the track surface is beautiful........
Old 02-18-2009 | 08:23 PM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

I'm in
Old 02-18-2009 | 10:35 PM
brucegre
Banned

Originally Posted by Silver C
I'm in - date dependent. Will be the 3rd time for me. Warning for those who haven't been before. Spend time and learn the track before you go. The track site has a good video and track map. It can be confusing first time there, a number of corners have a very similar appearance on entry and a very different exit and there are an awful lot of corners, easy to get lost. Only track where I saw folks with the map stuck to the dash. But boy the the track surface is beautiful........
Of course, having been there since it was just trees, I never had a problem learning the track - but the comments from the majority of first timers, while all positive, in general ended with "could you please post the corner numbers on the track" so we did. Each corner has a turn arrow indicating which way it goes, and we've added the corner numbers so you know where you are.

My most interesting instructing moments come when I know my student is setting up to turn the wrong way. I've learned to very calmly say "are you sure you want to do that?"

There appears to be enough interest to go ahead, I'll post a date by the end of the week and we can go from there. Looking like mid-May right now.
Old 03-02-2009 | 06:33 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

I'm working on my 2009 track event schedule. Do you have any info on when this event may happen? For 2009, my goal is to drive Calabogie, Mt. Tremblant and Watkins Glen.

Quick Reply: Rennlist Private Day at Calabogie