Notices

Dension INstall 997

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 01:04 AM
JasonKM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Dension INstall 997

I bought the unit from Eric at bumperplugs and debating whether to install it myself or bring it in to someone. Any suggestions or has anyone in the GTA done the install themselves?

I also don't have a CD changer so I guess I need the dealer to activate the unit?
Old 01-25-2009, 09:20 AM
kevf
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did it myself. Also installed their bluetooth attachment for the phone. Everything works great. I recall it took me about a hour to install. Most of it was just figuring out their aweful instructions. I ended up searching on Rennlist for people's tips because their instruction was so bad.

Its not complicated. Basically, there is a fiber optic loop in the 997 and you just have to get the Dension in the loop. I have the Bose option and I think I took the optic cable off the Bose amp and inserted the Dension next to it. One tricky thing was to get 12v power. I don't have the CD changer either, so I spliced the CD changer plug to get power. You just need to make sure what colour wires to splice and there is not a lot of slack wire. Again, I searched Rennlist for help on this.

You don't need the dealer to activate the unit. Mine worked right away. Not sure how much the dealer charge for install, but I think its fairly easy to do yourself.

PM me if you have any other questions.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:49 AM
JasonKM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

thanks Kev - I may take you up on it. my car is away for the winter and plan to do the install myself when things start to warm up

Quick Reply: Dension INstall 997