Poker players?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Garth82928
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NOBLEGT3
im a huge ****...and you are so sensitive... please stop flirting with me
Awwww Muffin, did that analysis hit a little too close to home? Why do you intentionally try to **** people off? Are you into that rough trade stuff?

Now move along and stop bothering your betters.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:53 AM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Garth82928
Awwww Muffin, did that analysis hit a little too close to home? Why do you intentionally try to **** people off? Are you into that rough trade stuff?

Now move along and stop bothering your betters.

oh snap...no you dint
Old 01-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

oh snap...no you dint
Oh my god, that's too funny. Tears, man, tears....

Oh man, I've missed this! I'm laughing like crazy!

Garth, Noble's raison d'etre here on rennlist is to get under people's skin - don't let it, roll with it, and play along - it's more fun.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:10 PM
harrisonrick
Captain Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"I only gamble with my life."

I forget who said that....
Old 01-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Garth82928
Advanced

Originally Posted by Christien
Garth, Noble's raison d'etre here on rennlist is to get under people's skin - don't let it, roll with it, and play along - it's more fun.
That's what I was doing
Old 01-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Leave it to Noble to enflame any thread. Sorry to see him back. He has this uncanny ability to bring out the very worst in any situation and from any person. Yes - how you react to someone is entirely up to YOU - but Noble makes managing your reaction to him in a level headed way very very difficult. I wonder why.

He's clearly rich, seems to care very little about anything, yet has great passion. A quixotic mix. I think he's just bored and for fun likes to stick a hot poker into anything he can find to amuse himself with the reaction. Kinda like the bored fat kid who burns ants for fun with a magnifying glass and the hot sun - just for ****s and giggles. Funny to him - not so much for the ants.

RK
Old 01-24-2009, 08:32 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by Rally Guy
Leave it to Noble to enflame any thread. Sorry to see him back. He has this uncanny ability to bring out the very worst in any situation and from any person. Yes - how you react to someone is entirely up to YOU - but Noble makes managing your reaction to him in a level headed way very very difficult. I wonder why.

He's clearly rich, seems to care very little about anything, yet has great passion. A quixotic mix. I think he's just bored and for fun likes to stick a hot poker into anything he can find to amuse himself with the reaction. Kinda like the bored fat kid who burns ants for fun with a magnifying glass and the hot sun - just for ****s and giggles. Funny to him - not so much for the ants.

RK
great analogy except for the fat part and burning ants. i see it more as culling the herd. you challenge people constantly and try to push them to react and or just be more competitive. some snap and fall by the wayside. some step up and have fun. people either love it or hate it....and they feel the same way about me. but i promise you will never be bored.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

No worries - the fat part was for evocation of archetypal imagery, and not directed at you specifically, sorry if you inferred that. Not my intention at all. I'm sure your quite buff and proud of it.

So this (admittedly candid) response begs the question, why? Why do you feel you need to (or have the right to) cull the heard? While I (surpisingly) agree with you that there are people who "don't make the cut", is it necessary to test them in such harsh ways?

The problem I see with your culling methodology, is that it leaves a trail of frustration, anger, sorrow and pain (you probably don't see much of this, since it's well back in your wake). The way you appear to move through the world, may result in YOU having fun with the few you deem worthy, but on balance makes the world just a little bit darker and less fun to be in. For you to have your fun - many others have less fun.

I was gonna suggest, "Why not flip it around - seek out the people who are fun and interesting in a more positive way, or just without assuming a confrontational stance from the get-go."

But I can't see you stepping up for that. : ) If you'd consider it - I for one would be happier if you didn't try to cull the Rennlist heard with your adversarial antics.

RK
Old 01-25-2009, 10:40 AM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

No worries - the fat part was for evocation of archetypal imagery, and not directed at you specifically, sorry if you inferred that. Not my intention at all. I'm sure your quite buff and proud of it.

So this (admittedly candid) response begs the question, why? Why do you feel you need to (or have the right to) cull the heard? While I (surpisingly) agree with you that there are people who "don't make the cut", is it necessary to test them in such harsh ways?

The problem I see with your culling methodology, is that it leaves a trail of frustration, anger, sorrow and pain (you probably don't see much of this, since it's well back in your wake). The way you appear to move through the world, may result in YOU having fun with the few you deem worthy, but on balance makes the world just a little bit darker and less fun to be in. For you to have your fun - many others have less fun.

I was gonna suggest, "Why not flip it around - seek out the people who are fun and interesting in a more positive way, or just without assuming a confrontational stance from the get-go."

But I can't see you stepping up for that. : ) If you'd consider it - I for one would be happier if you didn't try to cull the Rennlist heard with your adversarial antics.

RK
you would be surprised at the fun everyone is having...i try to make sure of it. the only pain left in the wake is for people who are petty, selfish, or spiteful.
i do seek out the people who are fun and interesting but they are few an far between so i find myself pushing others forward. thanks for the dr.phil moment.!
Old 01-25-2009, 11:02 AM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

you would be surprised at the fun everyone is having...
+1
Old 01-25-2009, 11:08 AM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

I'll defer to your undislosed empirical insight that more people enjoy your crap than are offended by it. Might actually be true. I'll just laugh along then... but it's AT you - not with you. : )

RK
Old 01-25-2009, 11:26 AM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

I'll defer to your undislosed empirical insight that more people enjoy your crap than are offended by it. Might actually be true. I'll just laugh along then... but it's AT you - not with you. : )

RK
i can accept that...lets hug it out bitch
Old 01-26-2009, 10:32 AM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

So let's get back on track here Garth. When are we going to plan to get a whole bunch of masculine guys who thoroughly enjoy the love provided by women, but who understand women enough to realize that you need to get a way with your buddies every once in a while, to talk smack and play poker?
Old 01-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Garth82928
Advanced

I think we can have a completely homoerotic free night of poker playing, bench racing and cigar smoking on Feb 21. My calendar is booked solid every weekend between now and then with work, but I'll pencil it in for that night.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:44 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 304 Likes on 208 Posts

i can accept that...lets hug it out bitch
That's it?
I was just starting to enjoy this thread.

Quick Reply: Poker players?