Notices

Any cigar lounges in the GTA or in TO?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 03:15 PM
joe@usd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any cigar lounges in the GTA or in TO?

In Montreal there is still at least 2 cigar lounges that i know of that you still can go in and smoke a stogie. It is legal to do so since you are consuming a natural product and that the room you are situated owns an independant air filtering system from the rest of the building.

My question is: do such place exist in Toronto or in the GTA? What about the surreoundings? I'm currently living in Barrie, anyone know of something like this up here?
Old 01-06-2009, 06:46 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

Where is our stogie man Phil

i don't think so though .. I think it is illegal here.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:54 PM
joe@usd
Instructor

Originally Posted by theiceman
Where is our stogie man Phil

i don't think so though .. I think it is illegal here.
isn't the cigarette ban a federal law? I would suppose that if it is, the same rules would apply to Ontario... And i was told that their used to be a few palces like that around TO...

Man am i craving for a good smoke...

Old 01-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Definitely illegal, more's the pity. There may be some speakeasies but I have not come across them.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

I was looking at a website a while ago for a small chain of cigar lounges in the southern US. Looked like a really nice place to hang out, watch a game, talk with friends, enjoy a nice scotch or draught. I've never been the country club type whatsoever, but a place like that I could see spending time at. I've never had a cigar in my life, but I could sure spend hours discussing (and sampling!) single malts.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's one on Bayview Ave. south of Eglington ave E. on the east side a block or so south. Trea owns the place ... IIRC it's called the Smoking Cigar. His other store beside it is good fellows which sells giftwares.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:04 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

There used to be tons of places a few years ago: The Crooked Cue (bloor & Royal York) used to let you spark up a stogie and pretend to play pool, The Old Mill restaurant had a cigar lounge, and The Fifth (theatre district) would let you enjoy a nice cigar and cognac by the fireplace after a meal, but civilization as we know it collapsed and now I'm relegated to freezing my butt off in my garage if I want to burn a cuban in winter. Life sucks!!
Old 01-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Shemmer
Pro

Now they're even calculating the harmfull effects of "third hand smoke" Smoke smell / residue that is on your clothing which others can smell. I guess it makes sense but what level of harfullness are we talking about? If third hand smoke is that bad then imagine driving your car on the road breathing the exhaust produced by others ahead of you?
Old 01-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Christien
Race Car

The article I read about third hand smoke mostly centred around infants, and I wholeheartedly agree. I'd rather our 7 week old daughter not be held tight in a blanket that reeks of cigarettes.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:47 PM
PPo
Drifting

Originally Posted by Christien
I'd rather our 7 week old daughter not be held tight in a blanket that reeks of cigarettes.
Wow Christien... I am surprised that is even a required statement! How much does your 7 week old baby smoke for the blankets to smell?
Old 01-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Christien
Race Car

Well, remember the cover of Van Halen's 1984? That's her, minus the wings

It's my in-laws' house - my MIL smokes in a window-less room in the basement then wonders why we don't want her to hold our newborn...
Old 01-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jaak Lepson
There's one on Bayview Ave. south of Eglington ave E. on the east side a block or so south. Trea owns the place ... IIRC it's called the Smoking Cigar. His other store beside it is good fellows which sells giftwares.
thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: Any cigar lounges in the GTA or in TO?