Notices

Bridgestone Racing Academy

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 12:53 PM
P1-EH
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bridgestone Racing Academy

Has anyone here gone on the 3 day racing course at the Bridgestone Racing Academy? I'm looking for some feedback on the quality and content of this racing school.

My searches on rennlist are bringing up lots of skip barber and jim russell references, but none on this school.

thanks..
Old 01-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

i have been thinking of doing the Race Mechanic course there, but its quite a drive from where i live, but thats the carrier i have chosen...
Old 01-04-2009, 12:30 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zookie
i have been thinking of doing the Race Mechanic course there, but its quite a drive from where i live, but thats the carrier i have chosen...
send a message to my buddy justin daniels on facebook. he did the formula car maintenance course. attrition rate is high, lots of people drop out as soon as they get their Regional B licenses because it's a much cheaper way to do it than actually paying for a course lol.

it was tough man, he was completely beat after each day, they work u hard because ur essentially free labor
Old 01-04-2009, 12:31 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by P1-EH
Has anyone here gone on the 3 day racing course at the Bridgestone Racing Academy? I'm looking for some feedback on the quality and content of this racing school.

My searches on rennlist are bringing up lots of skip barber and jim russell references, but none on this school.

thanks..
the actual racing school itself is very highly regarded, the price tag reflects that of course. it's the equivalent of a skip barber (but i think you get more seat time up here) and they also got new cars as well as i recall.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Trova Fortuna
Track Day

I graduated the Race Mechanic's Course from there in 2001, but that's back when they were at Shannonville. I've kept in contact with the owners and done lappings days at the new facility and it's pretty good. Can't speak for the new Van Diemens. If you can find out the names of the instructors, I might be able to give you more feedback. Is Brett Goodman still running it?
Old 01-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Shane D
Pro

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by P1-EH

thanks..
I just read about this today in Modified Luxury and Exotics (Jan./Feb. edition). It mentions that they have several choices ranging from a half day (at $585.00), up to a two day course (at $2,495.00).
The SCCA accredited Wheel to Wheel racing program is a three day course costing $3,995.00 and includes instruction on passing, race starts and even a simulated race.

The guys from the magazine seemed to have a great time until it started raining.

Website is http://www.race2000.com

Sorry if none of that is new information for you.

Sounds like quite the place!
Old 01-04-2009, 10:34 PM
P1-EH
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Trova Fortuna
I graduated the Race Mechanic's Course from there in 2001, but that's back when they were at Shannonville. I've kept in contact with the owners and done lappings days at the new facility and it's pretty good. Can't speak for the new Van Diemens. If you can find out the names of the instructors, I might be able to give you more feedback. Is Brett Goodman still running it?
I'll have to call them this week to find out more about who their instructors are. I didn't see that info on their site.

Quick Reply: Bridgestone Racing Academy