Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts

Thanks!

PMed.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:47 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just went searching and wondered if you were doing the new season. Thanks again... you rock!

I watched that Lambo factory episode a year or so ago in a hotel room on some biz trip. Those guys are the definition of dedicated. The one dude has been making crankshafts for like 20 years. Amazing the personal care they take on these cars.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:40 AM
Zeeman28a
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Brad.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:14 AM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks again. Took me about 30 mins to d/l from your site. My torrent had been going for a few hours already and was at <50% done.

I laughed more in the first 10 mins than I did in all 5 episodes of TG Australia.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:13 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PbPedis
Thanks again. Took me about 30 mins to d/l from your site. My torrent had been going for a few hours already and was at <50% done.

I laughed more in the first 10 mins than I did in all 5 episodes of TG Australia.
Oh man, TG Australia is brrrrrutal! They should keep the young guy and ditch the other two. It needs a lot of help.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:23 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Brad are your missing ep5 of 5th gear
Old 11-03-2008, 01:32 PM
99three
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Brad. Anyone know where to grab the new season of Californication? I miss that show.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:57 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cleanme
Oh man, TG Australia is brrrrrutal! They should keep the young guy and ditch the other two. It needs a lot of help.
If you don't compare it to TG UK, it's passable. In fact, I would say it's better than most automotive shows, especially the ones coming out of Canada. However, comparing it to TG UK, it's a complete failure.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by 99three
Thanks Brad. Anyone know where to grab the new season of Californication? I miss that show.

dont you have On-Demand? its on there...
Old 11-03-2008, 09:25 PM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a good one.

Ian
Old 11-03-2008, 10:15 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Yeah I'll upload it! I've been lazy with uploading lately so I have to start again, I just keep on forgetting though. I'll get on it
Old 11-03-2008, 11:34 PM
99three
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cleanme
Yeah I'll upload it! I've been lazy with uploading lately so I have to start again, I just keep on forgetting though. I'll get on it
Thanks bro! You da man.
Zook, You mean Rogers?
Old 11-04-2008, 02:17 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Zook, You mean Rogers?
Yes, its all on the On-Demand Channels...
Old 11-07-2008, 03:23 AM
Zeeman28a
Racer

LATEST NEWS!
Clarkson raises more complaints for BBC By Heather Hughes11/04/08 10:03

Joke about truck drivers and prostitutes doesn't go down well as new series of Top Gear starts.

Days after Russell Brand and Radio 2 boss, Lesley Douglas, resigned over complaints on a BBC radio show, the BBC are facing another barrage of criticism for overstepping the mark when it comes to comedy. So far, the broadcaster has received 517 complaints about remarks made by Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson regarding lorry drivers murdering prostitutes.

The comment was made during the first episode of the twelfth series, broadcast on BBC2 last night, in which Clarkson and his fellow presenters learnt to drive heavy goods vehicles.

"This is a hard job and I’m not just saying that to win favour with lorry drivers, it’s a hard job," he said. "Change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirror, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

The remarks hit a nerve with some, being made almost exactly two years after the killings of five Ipswich prostitutes by Steve Wright, who was convicted in February this year. Cari Mitchell, speaking on behalf of the English Collective of Prostitutes, described the remarks as "more serious than the Ross and Brand debacle" because he was "making light of murder" according to the BBC.

Responding to the complaints, a BBC spokesman said: "The vast majority of Top Gear viewers have clear expectations of Jeremy Clarkson's long-established and frequently provocative on-screen persona. This particular reference was used to comically exaggerate and make ridiculous an unfair urban myth about the world of lorry driving, and was not intended to cause offence."

The broadcast watchdog, Ofcom, also received a number of complaints about the remark, but said: "We are looking at the complaints we have received, but we're not currently investigating the programme."

A Top Gear insider told TV.com that he believes the complaints concerning Clarkson are "more to do with the current environment," and stresses that "this is a very different situation to what happened last week." Do you agree?

Quick Reply: Top Gear - Season 12