Notices

GTA Stereo shop recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 08:34 PM
gofor28off
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTA Stereo shop recommendation

I am thinking about finally upgrading the stereo in my 02 996 cab.
Nothing wild, just upgrade to something that sounds great (the hi-fi system isn't great to say the least). I don't need the super base that you hear for blocks, just really great sound.
I want to keep it looking as stock as possible, just alot better sounding and add an ipod iput.
Has anyone done something they are really happy with that they could recommend components and/or a very good shop/installer in the area that knows these cars? ( I don't want to take it to any old hack).
Or has anyone had any bad experiences they could steer me away from?
Thanks for any advice.
Cheers.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:12 PM
Brian 162
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Try Kromer Radio on Bathurst St.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:55 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 411 Posts

george at Number one sound college street...no one in the city compares, especially when it comes to installs.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:58 PM
Budweiser
Advanced

Mass Electronics in Richmond Hill sponsored a UCR social night. Car stereos are what they do.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:18 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
george at Number one sound college street...no one in the city compares, especially when it comes to installs.
He was very helpful with the alarm and stereo suggestions for my daughter's VW. The place looks like a hole in the wall though...missed it twice driving by!
Old 10-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

KHF in Scarbrough they did my NAV-Retrofit 100%
Old 10-30-2008, 10:53 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pongobaz
He was very helpful with the alarm and stereo suggestions for my daughter's VW. The place looks like a hole in the wall though...missed it twice driving by!
he did my car and i'm very please with the install and service after the sale. would recommend him again.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:43 PM
gofor28off
Racer

Thanks Omar, pm sent.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Shemmer
Pro

Back in the day, when I used to be a car stereo guy building competition vehicles, a certain speedster stands out in my mind, primarily cause I loved the car and secondly cause I put a fabulous system in it. Asside from the run of the mill subwoofer systems located under the hood, which were effective, this one was a little different. I custom built 2 8" sub unclosures behind the driver's and passenger's seat on the floor with short risers underneath so that the woofers fired downwards. I removed the carpet below and made the boxes short enough (around 6" high) so that his kids would still be able to get in and put their feet on them without too much inconvenience. The sound of those subs coupling with a solid surface, especially a floor, reinforced the low frequencies. The key was to pick a sub that would work well in such a small enclosure and maintain frequencies as low as 40hz (3db down point). Put a couple of Rockfords on them and look out. Those days were alot of fun.
On a side note, the natural progression from car stereo was to move to home stereo so I pulled out the 4 - 15" drivers out of my Mustang and built a custom sub box in the crawl space of my home, put a bunch of Bryston 4B's on them and rocked the foundation. You'd swear the room was breathing the base was so low. Unbelievable what 6000 watts of Bryston power will do to your home theatre.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Who ever works on your car....make sure they are INSURED and take pictures before !!!!

Last edited by Speedyellow993; 11-01-2008 at 04:54 PM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply: GTA Stereo shop recommendation