Notices

horrendous service experience at downtown porsche toronto

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 07:24 PM
lovethesport
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default horrendous service experience at downtown porsche toronto

I am writing to notify you about probably the worst service experience of my life and it happened at your down town porsche toronto at the hands of raj persaud.

I live in brampton and would ideally have taken he vehicle to pfaff in woodbridge but khalil khan was spoken highly off at porsche forum(rennlist) hence i made an appointment with their dealership.

unfortunately because of my ill fate he was on vacation and hence ended up dealing with raj.

from the moment i came in to see him his body language and tone made it apparent i have become a burden on him by bringing in my car.

I bought the car in with 9 issues and his response while typing them into the work order was as follows::::we are here to fix defects not recondition your vehicle.

His statement while technically correct is not something that should be stated to a customer. i had brought my vehicle in for defects and not for reconditioning.

I found it extremely strange that there were 2 empty seats in front of his desk but he never offered for me to sit down...i guess he was thinking that he is the service manager and manners are not part of his job description.

I got call from him that they could not find half the faults that i mentioned as there are no error's stored in memory. I told him next time the error comes i will take a picture and email him to which his response was and i quote""your email wont do anything for me, i still wont be able to tell what is wrong with the vehicle""""at which point i told him great, then i will contact porsche canada and send them the problem.

This is my first porsche and the service i have recieved from all porsche dealers so far has been exceptionally great and made it a great experience buying this vehicle and it is my ill fate that i ended up with raj. my other vehicles include a bmw and a mercedes and their manners and professionalism is excellent.

Needless to say that I, will be avoiding your service department and will be writing about this experience in porsche forums and advise all friends to avoid dealing with raj.

Thank you for taking the time to read and hopefully it saves someone the agro of having to deal with this knucklehead
Old 10-27-2008, 07:35 PM
JasonKM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

sorry to hear about your experience. Can you give us some insight on these problems and what P-car you drive.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:41 PM
trickydisco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you feel you've been wronged, you should write to Porsche Cars Canada and Porsche AG and let the message trickle from above.

But FWIW, there are customer service issues with BMW as well, so it's a pretty ****ty affliction with many manufacturers' service depts.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:06 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Just go to Pfaff next time, ask for Jimmy.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:03 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboS
+1
Old 10-27-2008, 09:28 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

+2 on Pfaff if the car is under warranty. Out of warranty cars are another matter.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Jlangmd
Racer

Originally Posted by TurboS
Are you referring to Jimmy Lin?
He left DFC a week after my delivery, answered an email or two, and then I had silence. No call from him or the dealer to advise me who to get info from, no returned emails. Which was relevant as Jimmy didn't bother with details on the service or warranty at the delivery.

He also sent out my vehicle initially with a horrible 3M tape job, which was embarrassing to be seen with on a $180k car.

My brief experience with Raj involved asking him 3 times to replace a missing screw in my rear license plate bracket, including pointing it out just before I signed off on the work. Got home and no screw.

Thanks god the car is carefully crafted by the factory, and I have not had any actual issues with it.

OP: I would be interested in knowing what 9 flaws you found. I would have trouble finding one.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Jlangmd
Racer

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Escalate it first to the GM of Downtown and see what happens.
I sent emails about my concerns to admin. No response. Either they don't check their emails, or don't care. I did speak with one of the managers there. Disinterested.

Perhaps the 40% drop in sales they have seen in the past few months will make them think a bit harder.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:55 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlangmd
Are you referring to Jimmy Lin?
He left DFC a week after my delivery, answered an email or two, and then I had silence. No call from him or the dealer to advise me who to get info from, no returned emails. Which was relevant as Jimmy didn't bother with details on the service or warranty at the delivery.
No. Jimmy at Service (Tell him guys from Rennlist Sent you over lolz)... Their whole serive dep is great, but i have only delt with Jimmy. Sorry to hear about your Sales Experiance...

Originally Posted by Jlangmd
I sent emails about my concerns to admin. No response. Either they don't check their emails, or don't care. I did speak with one of the managers there. Disinterested.
Wonder how they got "Preimer Dealer" this year...

PS: You should come to our Weekly Meets at Starbuck and show us that Macadamia Brown Cab you got there, Good Tatse...
Old 10-27-2008, 11:18 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 365 Posts

Jlangmd: was your car in the showroom a DFC last year? I hope you didn't really pay $180k for that car. did you park next to me (my black car) at Yorkdale last week in September?
what are you trying to find out? warranty info is is in manual. or are you trying to get your missing screw?
Old 10-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Lovethesport: You joined this month and you are bashing a dealership with a post containing numerous spelling and grammar errors. btw what sport do you love? also we have a rule that any new member must post pics before complaining.
I am not saying DFC has great service (I've never used them for service) nor am I promoting them.
Now, let me get this straight: you are mad that the service manager didn't ask you to sit down while in front of 2 chairs in front of his desk. Canadians usually just sit down while in front of 2 chairs. I guess BMW and Mercedes pull out the chair for you. You are mad that the codes were not retained and when the techs checked the codes were gone and the issues were not present. what do you want them to do? use voodoo to fix the car? what did you expect his response to your childish response of taking a picture and emailing it? I doubt he was saying you were lying. what type of issues are we talking about? and if you owned a BMW and Mercedes you would realize that these cars throw codes as well and are not always retained and easy to repair. BTW Porsche rec'd the highest quality of all German cars last year.
maybe you should review the experience before typing without thinking (ie spelling and grammar).
I just read your other posts. You bought an cayenne from US and expect a local dealer to bend over backwards for you? seriously. is that what you did w/ BMW and Mercedes? BTW what is the build date on your cayenne? perhaps an 03 build?
Old 10-28-2008, 12:41 AM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
Lovethesport: You joined this month and you are bashing a dealership with a post containing numerous spelling and grammar errors. btw what sport do you love? also we have a rule that any new member must post pics before complaining.
I am not saying DFC has great service (I've never used them for service) nor am I promoting them.
Now, let me get this straight: you are mad that the service manager didn't ask you to sit down while in front of 2 chairs in front of his desk. Canadians usually just sit down while in front of 2 chairs. I guess BMW and Mercedes pull out the chair for you. You are mad that the codes were not retained and when the techs checked the codes were gone and the issues were not present. what do you want them to do? use voodoo to fix the car? what did you expect his response to your childish response of taking a picture and emailing it? I doubt he was saying you were lying. what type of issues are we talking about? and if you owned a BMW and Mercedes you would realize that these cars throw codes as well and are not always retained and easy to repair. BTW Porsche rec'd the highest quality of all German cars last year.
maybe you should review the experience before typing without thinking (ie spelling and grammar).
I just read your other posts. You bought an cayenne from US and expect a local dealer to bend over backwards for you? seriously. is that what you did w/ BMW and Mercedes? BTW what is the build date on your cayenne? perhaps an 03 build?
Turbodan did you have a bad day today? The only Voodoo that I know that will fix a bad day is joining us at Mosport this Thursday.

Bring the black car I want another ride.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:11 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

I did not have a bad day. just pointing out that not all complaints are justified.
Thursday is tempting...however both sets of track tires are away. I might be tempted to at least spectate
are you bringing the grey car?
did you see on the Cdn dollar thread that Lambo for 120k?
Old 10-28-2008, 03:17 AM
JDSStudios
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As previously asked, could you please tell us what the 9 issues are.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:04 PM
harrisonrick
Captain Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish I had a 997 TT to whine about.

Quick Reply: horrendous service experience at downtown porsche toronto