Notices

6th Gear at Mosport today

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Hey Gary, apparently you took my dad Paul out for a few laps, and he had a blast! He's got a Cooper S and he and I both love it. He's wanted to see what they feel like at the track for a long time, so he was really glad you could take him out. I'd love to get his out there for a few laps, but it needs better tires - the original ones are garbage.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:54 AM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 285 Posts

Yes, he really enjoyed it, and was quite impressed with what the car can do right out of the box. My car is a stock base Cooper and I'm running the Hankook Rs2 street tires.....put some decent tires on your S and you'll both love it.

Gary
Old 10-10-2008, 08:25 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the laptime improvement. I'd love to provide some tips, but I'm not a fan of video analysis of someone else's driving because:

1. Tracks change minute to minute, let alone from one day to another, so we don't know what the surface is telling you.

2. Everyone's car is setup different and may or may not do a corner in the way we expect.

3. The only thing that can be critiqued is cornering lines, but a person can get perfect cornering lines while driving at 70% so it doesn't give you much to work from anyway.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:32 AM
fire_n_ice
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, just ditch Lucas and you'll be under 1:40! LOL, just kidding.
Very nice vid, thanks for sharing.
I agree with fc-racer, it's of limited value to critique somebody's onboard vid.

I've found I've shaved time by letting somebody better than me drive my car, while I ride shotgun and actually compare everything about the lap to the way I would drive it. Obviously, you need to trust this person, tho!

One thing I quickly learned is that my tires may be squealing, but that doesn't mean I'm necessarily maximizing corner speed.

Quick Reply: 6th Gear at Mosport today