Notices

Anobody ever buy anything from RepoDepo?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 09:05 PM
JasonKM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Anobody ever buy anything from RepoDepo?

Looking at getting a 4x4 truck for the winter. Stop by there out of curiosity this afternoon and was thinking of throwing in a low ball bid on something.

My view is that it needs to be a great deal (below wholesale) before it makes sense to buy a repo. Typically people who are about to lose a vehicle don't exactly take care of it very well. Most of the trucks I looked at needed brakes and tires - most likely more once you "look under the hood"
Old 08-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Sputter
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It'd be tough to buy somebodys misfortune.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:38 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i put in some bids on bikes they have...they want too close to retail though. not sure about cars but it just doesn't seem like they offer compeditive value.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:09 AM
JasonKM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

I agree deadeye. These vehicles should be at a meaningful discount since nobody is standing behind what you're buying from them. I put in a bid on a truck last night, although at a meaningful (50%) discount to what they claim is retail. I think their retail claim is overstated since new pick-ups have come down in price due to the dollar and high gas prices. I basically looked at US wholesale value (KBB.com) and round up to the nearest thousand.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

dont... my friend bought a 98 BMW... total lemon
Old 08-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Brian 162
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Try Humberview Wholesale on Fieldway Drive in Etobicoke. They have alot of suv's of all makes.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I casually tried to buy the owners 993 a few years back. But the rough condition (I was looking for a project) was accompanied by an insanely high price. Instead of adjusting the price to sell the car - it just sat. Probably for a year! And there's nothing harder on a car than just sitting there, wasting away. Not sure what happened to that car - but the sense I got from the place was that they would carry inventory forever until the right sucker came along. If you're not a sucker - you won't get a car from them.

Conversely, I just had a surprisingly good transaction with "The Collection of Fine Cars". I know, I know - but honestly - I got an '04 A4 from them in stunningly good shape with low kms and lots of new bits (the right kind, like tires and rotors and pads) and a full Audi Dealer history and fully optioned for about $5K less than the Audi dealerships were selling similar cars. Yes, I know - no warrenty etc - but after the tax saving and the better deal - almost $7K worth of things can go wrong in the next couple of years and I'm still at break even. If nothing big goes wrong (and an Audi tuning shop PPI suggested nothing is imminent) then I've got a nice budget for mods.

PSS9's, a chip and StopTechs should about do it.

RK

Quick Reply: Anobody ever buy anything from RepoDepo?