Dunnville Autodrome Support against the Locals

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:07 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dunnville Autodrome Support against the Locals

As I'm sure a bunch of you have heard Dunnville has had trouble with 12 or so locals that are not happy about the track being there and are the sole cause of them not being rezoned. Several restrictions have been placed on the track until the rezoning and they have a petition there basically stating that you come to the area to spend your money, support the community, etc. Next time you guys are at the track PLEASE ask John about it and sign it to continue to support another local venue!
Old 06-25-2008, 11:23 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Wouldn't the planes be more of an issue then cars? I can see a problem if your allowing cars with no exhaust to run so they should have noise restrictions. I hate it when i am at the track and their are those pesky **** cars running with no exhausts.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:18 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

I didn't even know Dunnville existed until I went down there for a track day. I spent $300 on gas and another $80 on food on each of the days I've been there, in addition to the $200 for each track day. My contribution to Dunnville's GDP so far is $1,160. Multiply that by 20 or 30 drivers and we do make an impact on a small economy.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:47 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jumper5836
Wouldn't the planes be more of an issue then cars? I can see a problem if your allowing cars with no exhaust to run so they should have noise restrictions. I hate it when i am at the track and their are those pesky **** cars running with no exhausts.
They do not allow cars without mufflers so that is a non issue. Right now there are 8 or 10 people (up to 15 miles away!) who are complaining about TIRE noise. Absolutely crazy. They just object to any "change" in their community whereas most of the town is in support of operations going on there. Yes, I agree the airport is way more noise (and constant) than the track but as it's been around since pre WWII they stand no chance of being able to take that away.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 522 Likes on 391 Posts

what did you spend $80 on for food in Dunnvillle? seems excessive unless there are some fancy restarurants there.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:37 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about making an online petition for people to fill out? It's very easy to do and you'll get many more signatures that way.

I can set it up for you - if you want/need help?
Old 06-27-2008, 12:06 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MPD47
They do not allow cars without mufflers so that is a non issue. Right now there are 8 or 10 people (up to 15 miles away!) who are complaining about TIRE noise. Absolutely crazy. They just object to any "change" in their community whereas most of the town is in support of operations going on there. Yes, I agree the airport is way more noise (and constant) than the track but as it's been around since pre WWII they stand no chance of being able to take that away.
what's the property value around the dunnville area...i wouldn't mind living near a track... let's buy em out!
Old 06-27-2008, 12:54 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

Originally Posted by Turbodan
what did you spend $80 on for food in Dunnvillle? seems excessive unless there are some fancy restarurants there.
My friend and I ate three times (breakfast, lunch and dinner). We went to that place in town for food. They were very happy to see us, even on the third visit of the day
Old 06-27-2008, 10:11 AM
fire_n_ice
Instructor

I will sign it for sure next time I am there (or online if it gets posted).

This is a great little track and a nice change-up from Mosport every once in a while.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:22 PM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by cleanme
What about making an online petition for people to fill out? It's very easy to do and you'll get many more signatures that way.

I can set it up for you - if you want/need help?
I'm going to work w/ the track manager to do so, unless you want to (and I could just send it to him). I think it's a great idea, it's good to get people to show support for not just our hobby but our venues!

Quick Reply: Dunnville Autodrome Support against the Locals