Notices

License renewal

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 12:20 PM
hpuck
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default License renewal

This year I decided to apply online for my license stickers and one of the cars a 2003 Volvo required an e-test. So I got the e-test done and then in the online application it never asked me to enter the special code from the test.
I was curious because next year I will need to do 2 of them and one on my 96 Pcar.
Unless the e-tester provides their results to the MTO I was surprised that I didn't need to 'prove' I had been tested. I received them all in the mail within 3 days. Maybe Volvo gets an automatic pass
Anyone else had this experience?
Old 05-19-2008, 12:58 PM
webbie
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my experience. I went to do an E-test and then head off to MTO for renewal right after.

I shown the certificate to the girl and she said it is not necessary anymore. The e-test centre sent the information to MTO directly. This would explain why you can do it over the internet without the code.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

once you pass the E-Test the System sends the Info automacticly to MTO with your VIN Number... thats why even at the Kiosk they dont ask for E-Test code, because its been uploaded via your VIN Number...
Old 05-19-2008, 01:52 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

So what happens if you failed or you don't send it in? Do they come and peel the sticker off your license plate. If Fantino has any say, they probably impound your car and put a lein on your house.

Quick Reply: License renewal