Notices

Advanced Driver Training Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 02:11 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Advanced Driver Training Recommendations?

I can't make either of the 2 Intro Driving School courses offered by PCA this year so are their recommendations for alternatives that let you use your own car?

Thanks
Old 04-08-2008, 03:34 PM
webbie
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a school this Friday 11th at Mosport DDT by Peter Hanson. Derek Hanson (bmwcc and ferrari chief instructor) is doing the classroom, and his son Peter take care of the rest.

I was planning to go but I am afraid I will melt in rain. Good luck.

Contact Information
Peter Hanson

c/o HANSON International Advanced Driving School
Tel: (416) 540-2995
Email: hanson_gtr@sympatico.ca
Old 04-08-2008, 03:55 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by webbie
I was planning to go but I am afraid I will melt in rain. Good luck.
Driving in the rain is the best way to learn how to drive your car. It forces you to be smooth and you'll know right away if you aren't. I used to dread the rain but now I'm looking forward to rainy track days. I have two more this month and I hope at least one of them is wet.

Cheers,
Old 04-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Yep, rain driving on a track like the Mosport DDT is a ton of fun. I had a blast slip-sliding around Dunnville back in the fall (all grass run off room). The main track at Mosport, though, I don't find fun in the rain. It's just too stressful.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Raymond Lum
Instructor

Cool Hanson Driving School

Peter and Derek puts on a great advance driving school. The classroom sessions are educational and the driving is a lot of fun at the Mosport DDT track. You learn more in the wet. Driving smooth is the key to success.

There is also 6thgear.ca on the big track at Mosport on Wednesday May 7. Marco and Rob limits the cars to 35 and the food is fantastic.

Have lots of FUN...............................its addictive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Raymond Lum; 04-08-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:23 AM
rideau
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

To start off with, I recommend http://www.apexdriving.ca/.
Apex is associated with Pfaff Tuning and their Driver Development Track days at Mosport are well run and well instructed. I attended one with my wife last year and she had a blast....skid school, braking exercises, slalom and track time.Once you are hooked, you can continue on with Apex either on the DDT or on the F1 track. This will be my 8th season with them and I thoroughly enjoy the instructors and the other drivers...a good group.
I also recommend Dexter Days. http://www.dexterautosport.com/. I went to both Mosport and Calabogie last year and found the instruction to be superb and the events well run. I also found the other drivers to be a courteous and interesting group.
have fun...I sure do.
Ian

Quick Reply: Advanced Driver Training Recommendations?