Notices

Tireworks is closing

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 01:08 PM
1 PGH 1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tireworks is closing

Thought I would pass along that Tireworks is closing their doors as of tomorrow, Jan. 31 due to "market conditions negatively affecting their operations." I believe their parent co. will be taking over the space, but will not have a retail operation.
I have used Tireworks the last couple of years to pick up tires for my CLK - good guys + offered a PCA discount. They also advertise in Provinz and are usually at the PCA events around Toronto.
If you have tires stored with them, I believe you will be able to leave them there until spring and make an appt. to have them installed at that time.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a shame that this is happening to such a loyal supporter of PCA-UCR, they deserve better.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:27 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

In speaking to a tire dealer, he said that unfortunately the Canadian distributors still have their heads in the sand as far as parity (or close to it) pricing is concerned and they are not helping them stay competitive against the US. I fear that there will be many more that will be forced to close their doors. I know of one place that routinely orders their supply from tirerack.com, which even at retail is cheaper than the CDN wholesale they are charged.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:31 PM
trickydisco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

re: tirerack.com
I placed an order for snows/wheels for the 330i and within 3 days
they were at my door! All for about $500 cheaper than through
a canadian retail.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tire distributors give ****ty prices to dealers.
i don't know if they're getting the shaft themselves and we're getting screwed as a chain reaction (doubt...), but anyone whose ever asked me for a price on 996/993 tires knows that even if i'm only making 10-20$ per tire...i'm pretty much at US pricing and once they have their sales there...game over.

sucks for tireworks, they participated actively in the racing community and were a toyo r-group dealer.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:18 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

has no one seen "American Gangster" why buy from the Retailer, go straight to the Suppiler!!!! (Thailand)

Quick Reply: Tireworks is closing