Notices

OT: Removing your number from phone call lists?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaak Lepson
He's tech suport!!!
oh god, im going to stop posting...
Old 12-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ ur the new NOBLE...better toughen up there nukka.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zookie
oh god, im going to stop posting...
Spell checker is your friend ......
Old 12-03-2007, 03:01 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
haha speaking of which...my buddy who works in tech supp for rogers got the funniest call ever!

A customer called him complaining about his SYMPATICO internet service. My friend tells him that sympatico is another company and you will have to call them to get help. He just startes getting madder and madder and doesn't understand that he called the wrong bloody company. In the end he says: to hell with this, i'm going to cancel my sympatico service! so my friend just tells him to go right ahead and hangs up on him.

For those of you not up to speed, Bell = Sympatico, Rogers = Cable Internet
Heard the same from a few others who have had the same issues ... usually they are Cellular customers ....
Old 12-04-2007, 11:35 PM
Rob993
Rennlist Member

I just tell them to hold on for a minute and then go about what I was doing. In about 5 minutes or so I hang the phone up. Must frustrate the Sh*t out of them. One of my many ways to get a little bit of revenge.
Once in a while I really screw with them and forward the call to Walmart or some store who answers.
Love to be able to hear what was said.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:45 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob993
I just tell them to hold on for a minute and then go about what I was doing. In about 5 minutes or so I hang the phone up. Must frustrate the Sh*t out of them. One of my many ways to get a little bit of revenge.
Once in a while I really screw with them and forward the call to Walmart or some store who answers.
Love to be able to hear what was said.

i just say sorry not intrested and 'Take me off The List..." <<< Key Words
Old 12-05-2007, 12:07 PM
aron in toronto
Pro

About a year ago when there was a big push for a bill to create and enforce a "Do Not Call List" it was deemed to be a violation of our rights as citizens to be notified of "special" offers and services. The lobbying organization representing the telemarketing industry obviously has more clout that the voters. Don’t even get me started about fax spam offering specials for fax machine toner.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:36 PM
WitchDoctor
Racer

I bought a little black box. Grey, actually. It lets me select numbers, or banks of numbers, including whole area codes, for exclusion. You can also program "exceptions", so that particular numbers get through. Rejected numbers just ring and ring into empty space-- I never hear them.

Solicitations mostly come from 800 and 866 area codes. I also decided I don' t know anyone in Ontario, so I've blocked anything coming from there.

Numbers with no caller ID are all excluded by default.

Here's a website: http://interceptorid.com/

3 levels of call screening selectable at the touch of a button -- the most stringent excludes every number except those you've selected in a memory bank of "accepted" numbers.

Oh, I suppose the "sleep" function is actually the most stringent. No number at all can get through to make your phone ring, unless they have the two - digit "pass" code to get through, say, for emegencies. Perfect for romantic evenings, when I don't want to be bothered by the phone, but don't want to be seen unplugging it either.

I love this thing.

-Brent

Quick Reply: OT: Removing your number from phone call lists?