Notices

My Project...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 11:42 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Project...

So I don't know if you guys have seen or heard but I've been doing my own project.

Basically since my accident I've lost all my hobbies/sports, it's crappy but hey-I'm alive! Sooo, about 5weeks ago I set out on this endeavour that when accomplished-I'll be able to drive, sell the components to other people, show the car to people/kids in similar situations and hopefully raise money for neurological injuries, diseases and disorders! Lofty goals but I know they're possible so why not me?

Anyways, here's what I posted in the "General Discussion" Forum:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

A few years ago the night before I was supposed to move into University I was innocently involved in a car accident and my neck was badly broken and subsequently my spinal cord was damaged leaving me with quadripalegia.

Cutting to the chase about 5 weeks ago I started this project that will allow me and others in my position to drive again! Well on the track first and then once it gets refined enough...possibly on the road.

Here's a link to my website where I describe "The Project" and this will give you a look at my goals. http://www.porscheguys.com/project/S...8E3D369BB.html

The problem I have now is getting sponsors, I have exactly half the amount of money needed to buy the car, so I figure that since this Forum is so big, people might have various contacts or maybe you guys & gals would even like to donate and help me!? My PayPal is brad.copping@gmail.com for the record.

But I highly suggest you read my log as it is a very interesting project, tell me what you think!

http://www.porscheguys.com/project/S...Blog/Blog.html - This is the link to my research log, it shows 5 entries at a time but if you click "Go to Archives" it lists all of them.

If you have any questions at all feel free to ask! My email is brad.copping@gmail.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So if anyone is feeling like a little to a lot of Philanthropy and you want to do it for a good cause and have your Logo/name plastered over the car, I will gladly accept any form of donation, help, or muscle to tighten some bolts or fingers to solder stuff!

I'll keep you guys/gals posted

Quick Reply: My Project...